Chapter 21 - The Gala

Start from the beginning

"Aright. The limo is outside. We will use the black limo. You teenagers will use the white." Mom said and offered her hand to Mommy. They both wearing business suit. "See you later girls." Grandma Carmen said and walked with Grandma Larissa hand in hand. They look so cute wearing the same colour. Grandma Larissa lifted up her dress a little bit to make it easier to walk.

Ann and Clare walked towards the limo and opened the door for us. I let Nia walked in firsts it's a pain to get her remaining dress inside. I have to put it on my lap so that I could sit next to her. "Remember. Smile." Nia said. "Oh we always does. You... Not likely." Clare chuckled at Ann's statement. "Hey. Can you keep hold my pouch?" I nodded and hold it. I have no idea why but then she try to hit Ann. Ann laughed and easily get herself away from her. "See! That dress is eating you alive. You can't even hit me right." Anna me Clare laughed at Nia's attempt.

I don't know whether to laughed or just smiling at her misery. I keep a natural face so she won't hit me. "The gala will be at school right?" Intrusion make the situation under control. Nia sighed and took a deep breath. "Yes. Will be held at the grand hall." "Why does it call as grand hall? I mean I've been into them. It's just a school assembly hall." They all looked at me.

"Dude that's just the student hall. The grand hall is different. It has a reason why grandma Carmen named it that way." I looked at them, confused. "Humour me." I challenged. "Well first, the columns. It made from real gold. That alone cost her few millions. And the floors made from the finest marble in the world. The ceilings were one of the most extravagant arts. It is consider as one of the most expensive drawings in the world." Clare said.

"The walls were made from gold coated steel. That hall alone is one of our family most expensive construction." Ann added. "The royals and even the most important leaders in the world so baffled by the architecture, they even wonder how our grandmothers could do and think such way to show the world difference side of luxury." Clare finished.

"And that hall is where the graduation will take part as well." Nia said. "So basically every student, rich or poor will get to taste a very different type of luxury." Ann smiled. The car stopped and I looked outside. The school. The door opened and we let Nia to be out first. It took 2 people to get her dress out. I went out and stand next to her on the red carpet. Cameras flashing and some even screamed Nia's name.

Anna and Clare got out and smiled at the flashing camera. We stayed for minute and let them took out picture. A woman walked towards us and guide us down the hall. "Ellie, where's mama?" "Inside. They all waiting for you." "Emerson, this is Ellie, mama's personal assistant." I shake her hand. "Emerson Larove. We heard about you alright." I smiled.

"NIA!! A picture for Vogue magazine please.." A person yelled. Nia grabbed my hand and we smiled at the camera. She leaned in. "Just do what they ask. It will be good for both of us." I nodded and wrapped my ands on her waist. We turned to the back and smiled at the camera. I feel like a celebrity at an award show. "NIA!! BELLA FASHION MAGAZINE.. What are you wearing?"

Nia smiled. "Nikolas Avilia collection. Both of us." We smiled and again they took our pictures. I looked at my sisters and they also being bombarded with question. They both look so natural and used to this. "Let's go inside." I nodded and lead her to the front door to the hall. A guy smiled and opened the door to us. Like what we talked about in the car, it is one of the most extravagant halls I've ever seen.

Then I noticed our family portrait on the wall. The whole Larove family members in one picture. "See that photo. The three woman who stand on the middle." "Of course that's grandma Carmen, Catherine and Christina." Nia shake her head. "Those three woman is the most stand out businesswoman in the world. Even my Mother can't compete with them. I looked up to them as my hero."