Redemption.

Gasping for air I look down, blood covers my chest. Yet I still fight. The man in behind me takes the gun too my head. Grabbing me into a chokehold until I couldn't breathe. He is holding me off the ground with one hand and grasping the gun with the other. I kick him hard, and throw him by the shoulder. The gun drops and trigger goes off. A force that could put the strongest hurricane to shame, sends us hitting the ground onto our backs staggering to stand but, failing miserably. As a barrier of fire and burning stone; signed by the devil himself, rains down on us...
"Goodbye" I say.
------------
This is happening, this is really happening; but people are shooting at us and the bombs are going off so I have no time to be stunned. I rolled onto my stomach, jumping feet to hand. My enemy is showered in ash and fire as I escape. My camouflage gear burns with the heavy rain of ash; I don't want too run but I have no choice. My chest burns but, I grit my teeth and run.
"Comeon girl, keep up!" "Stop being a girly wimp!"
I think back. Ironically, the thing that I hate with a burning passion is being called "girly." So that's what my dad said, one time he did that and it erked me so bad I kicked a little too hard while we were practicing. Needless to say, that was the only time I heard him say "nice shot" why he winced In pain.
Now I must redeem myself, I've been running, now it's time I put my knowledge too the test. Three men and one what looks to be a women are behind me now, I tuck behind a wall and jump on the rungs of a ladder. They aren't far behind now, climbing I look up; bullets are bouncing off around me. There are children in their way, if they weren't their own; I think they'd cease too be alive right now. They aren't my own, but they aren't the enemy. That's why I haven't shot down in fear I'd hurt them.
These people are demons.
The bullets stop and children's screams and cries trace the ladder. Once at the top, they try and talk to me.
"A kid for all of your secrets." The woman says.
"I know nothing. I'm an idiot girl." The best way to play this is like I don't.
"You idiot!" The man holds his gun to the neck of the child.
"3 seconds."
"3"
"Help" the child screams.
I take a breath, and sigh

"Today's the day I redeem myself."