Seventy One || Cupcake

"You hit him?!" I shout at him completely bewildered. I really was not expecting that. I thought if anything, Orlando would have hit James. Apparently not.

"Vena, I really am sorry, I tried to hold myself back. He kept on saying that I was going to hurt you because you got cheated on so he thought that I was going to do the same, but I am clearly not."

No words describe how angry I get when Orlando assumes that every guy I meet is bad. I understand that he is just trying to protect me, but this is starting get a bit excessive. This time is different, comparing to when I was with Zeke. It feels more ... What's the word? Real. It feels real. It's hard to explain this time. It feels that I would rather get hurt then let James get hurt. Orlando doesn't know this, he just thinks that James is like Zeke, but there is a difference between 'like' and 'is'.

It's not right that James hit my brother, but sometimes I think that the guy just needs a good hit in the face to get his head in the right place, but maybe that is just me.

"It's okay, it's okay, we'll just have to get out of here a lot faster than I anticipated," I say more to myself then him. I am the one that needs some a reassurance and it's looks like if I am going to get any, I'll just have to tell myself that everything is going to okay.

Orlando's temper is going to be through the roof and I don't want to be here to see it. I zip up the suitcase and stand it up. I grab my coat and slide it over my shoulders. I know that I am acting pretty frantic because I felt James grab my arm, holding me back from being anymore crazy.

I whip around and look at him. I am trying to put on my coat, not start World War III. I don't want anymore arguing, fighting or any thing else to happen. It's just best we get out of here before it is too late.

"What?"

He lets go of my sleeve, "What is wrong?"

"James, you hit my brother. I'm not saying what he is doing is good, but you can't just hit someone expect that to fix a problem," I try to explain to him as nicely as possible.

As soon as I said it a slight smirk appeared on his face and it is like he went into his own world. I wave my hand in front of his face, trying to get his attention.

He shakes his head, "What?"

"I'll bring the suitcase down stairs," I tell him and grab the suitcase, rolling it out of the bedroom.

Walking down the stairs, don't look up because there is no doubt in my mind that most of my family is staring at me. As soon as I get down to the bottom of the stairs, I look up and put on a phony smile. "I think we are going to head out," I glance out the window just to be sure that there is no snow coming down.

My mom smiles small and walks towards me. I hug her and just as I was about to let go, she holds of for just another second. "Don't believe what Orlando says, he just wants to protect you." She pulls away and smiles. I smile back at her for a moment.

I hug everyone else, not Orlando. Not because I didn't want to, only because I have no idea where he went. Well, if he wants to see me, he knows where I live.

"Good bye," I say as I slide on my shoes and jacket.

There is a series of farewells. James came down the stairs and my hugs him, saying goodbye to him. Other then that everyone else waves and or says bye.

Leaving the house, James shuts the door behind us as I lift the suitcase up so I don't drag it through the snow. James walks beside me and places his hand on my back, silently guiding me to the car.