Powers Accepted

I woke up to the sound of a fist on my front door. I stood up sleepily and walked to the door. I opened it and was quickly embraced by Laurance. I wrapped my arms around him and he lifted me off my feet, pulling me up to his level. I nuzzled his jaw with my head. "I missed you last night," I mumbled.

"Same here," he whispered. "Any nightmares?"

"Enough to suffer  life time," I kissed him behind the ear and ran my hand down his jaw line. I pulled myself closer to him and wrapped my legs around his waist and kicked the door shut.

"Next time let's not stay where your older brother lives."

"Did he hurt you?" I asked my voice barley loud enough to hear. He just kissed my neck.

"I wouldn't care if he hurt me, as long as I get to see you every day of my life."

"But I care." I whispered in his ear, making him shiver.

"I love my life because it gave me you, and I love you because you're my life. I wish I could turn back the clock. I'd find you sooner and love you longer," he whispered, "and I don't want you worrying about me."

"But I want to worry about you." I urged, kissing him lightly. I saw tears in his eyes. "What did he do?"

"There are too many scars... I didn't fight back."

"He can't do that! We're adults!" I snapped. I pulled away from him and threw the door open and stormed to the boys house. I pounded my fist on the door. "GARROTH RO'MEAVE OPEN THIS DOOR AT ONCE!" I screamed. The door opened and I shoved my way past Dante and to Garroth's room. I kicked the door countless times. "GARROTH GARTE RO'MEAVE! OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I RIP IT OFF ITS HINGES!" I snarled. There was no answer so I grabbed the door handle and pulled the door off its hinges. I let it fall to the ground with a loud smack. I felt anger rising in my chest. I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him to his feet. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" I yelled. I slowly lifted him off his feet and above me. "YOU'VE MADE YOUR BEST FRIEND AND ONLY SISTER MISERABLE BY PUSHING US TOGETHER, AND NOW YOU WISH NONE OF THAT TO HAPPEN!"

"(Y/N), she's-" he was cut off by loads of coughing. His hands grabbed around his throat as if he was choking. I let angry tears run down my cheeks.

"YOU'VE BEEN THE WORST BROTHER POSSIBLE, AND YOU DESERVE TH-" I fell to my knees feeling dizzy as ever. I let a whimper escape my throat. Everything around me was black and white. I closed my eyes and curled up into a ball. I let out shaky breaths as I felt pain ripple underneath my skin. I looked up at Garroth as he reached for me, but something inside of me was rejecting his touch. I felt myself getting lost in her powers. I tried to fight. "G-Garroth. I c-can't fight h-her anymore. I'm s-sorry," I whispered before everything went black.

I woke up surrounded by the smell of him. I smiled lightly, but other than that remained motionless. I sucked in a deep breath of air. I felt myself loosen and I let my eyelids flutter open ever so slightly. I saw Laurance sitting at the bed side... my bed side. He was holding a mug. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly. "Whatcha drinking?" I mumbled, my eyelids still barely open.

"Coffee. But no amount of it could keep me awake the way you do," he grinned kissing my forehead. I let the sweet feeling it gave me flutter inside of me. I still couldn't move too well.

"Laurance... I feel like my bones are lead."

"(Y/N)... you're... you're going to be fine, I promise," he whispered with tears in his eyes.

"Wait... did I?"

"Accepted your powers as Garroth put it. I'm not sure what it meant... but your hair... and eyes... they changed a bit."

"Is it bad?"

"No... your hair... it's a flourishing purple, and it looks good on you... just like everything else. But your eyes are a different story. I can't even tell what color they are. They're constantly changing, but I don't mind. Just more interesting to look at." He grinned.

"But that doesn't explain why I can't move."

"Garroth said it would take time to accept. The powers that lingered within you had been living for so long that when you finally accepted her it was a painful experience. Almost too much to handle." I laughed lightly.

"What's so funny?"

"Well whenever something weird happens we always seem to fix our own problems."

"Hey, I know this is kind of late, but when you were under the "settlement" of her you were... talking. I didn't understand it, it was almost like a different language, tongue in other words. Garroth, Dante, and Travis were so generous to leave us be to go see Aphmau in a tight skirt higher than mid thigh," Laurence rolled his eyes. I started to get feeling back in my left arm. I grabbed him and pulled him into the most painful hug I had ever been in, in my entire life. I groaned through the whole thing. "I'm sorry, but the question had been eating me alive since your hair started to turn, and you stopped moving. Can you tell if the baby is okay?"

"They're fine, I can feel them through my soul. Lingering around, wanting to come explore the earth."

"How did you?"

"It comes with the powers," I teased.

"Right," he grinned. "Oh and when you're better tomorrow you have to go get your ultrasound."

"Thanks Laurance," I pulled him back down and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. "And you know you don't have to stay awake anymore." He took the message and set the mug down and laid next to me. I laid still and closed my eyes with Laurance's warm figure laying next to me. If felt a cold sensation, and a shiver ran down my spine, when I opened my eyes my hair was back to normal and I think my eyes were too. I sighed and let darkness do its bidding.