Little Sister

Categories: Angst/Fluff

A/N: I've changed these one shots to be more about Nico, rather than Solangelo.

💀💀💀

Hazel was standing with Frank; bags packed and ready to go. She noticed Nico, standing awkwardly alone outside the Big House.

"I'm gonna say bye to Nico!" she told Frank and ran over.

Getting closer, she could see that depressed look on his face.

"Hey Neeks," she said, "we're going."

He nodded and turned his head away. "Okay, I'll see you then."
"Yeah," she flashed him a fake smile and hesitated.

She didn't want to leave like that. Nico was her brother. And she was leaving him. Why wasn't he more upset?

Feeling a hurt, she started walking back. Tears pricked her eyes, and she crossed her arms.

"Wait, Hazel!" Nico called out.

His feet moved on their own, carrying him over to her. When Nico resurrected Hazel, he never expected she'd become this important to him.

As she turned, Nico was there. Wrapping her in his arms, burying his head on her shoulder. This boy, who hated to be touched, was hugging her.

"I'm glad I found you in the Fields of Asphodel. I'm glad I brought you back!" he cried. "I'm going to miss you so much!"

"I'm gonna miss you too," she smiled, and rested her head on him. "We can Iris Message, right?"

He nodded and twirled his fingers around her brown ringlets. "Yeah,"

"And it won't be forever,"

"Yeah,"

Frank, getting restless, shouted over, "Hazel - we need to get going!"

Hazel released her brother. Their eyes one last time before walking to her boyfriend.

Nico watched another sister leave him. Yeah, she wasn't dying. She wasn't being reincarnated. She was just going to Rome. But it still hurt like Hades.

"It's not forever," Percy said from behind him. "So don't go looking for anymore dead siblings you might have!"

The son of Hades smiled at the reminder. "I know. It's not like last time."