Sweaters and Socks

Categories: Fluff/Solangelo

💀💀💀

Nico much preferred hot weather to cold. It reminded him of the underworld, where he felt safe and at home.

He had been sitting outside for the past half an hour, waiting for Will to get back. He'd been gone for the past two weeks, visiting family.

"Nico!~" Will sang, sounding close.

Crap, was Nico's first thought, looking at his bare arms.

*Flashback*

The son of Apollo had tried to convince his boyfriend to come along, but had no such luck.

"You don't even have to stay the full two weeks, just come for a couple days," he was packing his suit case.

Nico, who was leaning against the wall, declined... again.

Will folded his last t-shirt and sighed. "What if I say it's doctor's orders?"
"For what reasons!?" It shook Nico, making him lose his cool.
"Medical," he smirked.

Nico regained his posture, folding his arms and scowling. "I appreciate you writing that doctor's note so I could sit at the Apollo table... But you can't keep saying that everything is 'doctor's orders'!"

"Okay, okay," he lied, that was his favourite line. He gave up, not wanting to push him into anything. "I'll be calling you though, everyday."

Nico tried to hide his smile. "You better."

*Present*

Nico stood up, and braced himself for a lecture.

Will came outside, and like always, his face had a smile on. He put down the bundle of bags he was carrying and ran straight towards his boyfriend, pulling him into a hug.

After a few minutes of his life being squeezed out, Nico patted Will's back. "Can't breathe!"

Will let go, the last thing he wanted was for Nico to be in the infirmary again. His attention drifted to his bare arms.

"What the Hades are you doing out here without a coat!? You'll-"

"Catch a cold I know. Sorry mom." Nico rolled his eyes and brushed passed him. "Welcome back."

"Well I would prefer something like 'my ray of light', but mom's okay I guess," he muttered to himself, following his boyfriend.

"Speaking of moms!" Will dragged Nico inside and sat him down. "She knitted us some early Christmas presents!"

"Knitted?" Nico cringed, feeling a little sceptical.

"Yeah! She knitted us a sweater each and matching socks!" he unfolded the black and grey sweater. "I think even Hades would approve."

He was right. It was a simple design (Will probably helped), but across the top were 3 skulls. Nico loved the fact that it was hand made. Will's mom had taken time to make something for him.

Will's was the complete opposite. It was yellow, and had 3 little black music notes across the top. He put his matching socks and sweater on and ushered his boyfriend to do the same.

"I've missed you," Will smiled, cuddling up to Nico on the couch. He wrapped his arms around his waist, urging Nico to lean against him.

Nico rested his head on Will's warm chest. He was glad to have him back. Lately he'd been drowning. The silence he'd been sitting in was consuming. Thoughts and irrational fears picked at him. But now Will was back, he could shut them out.

"I've missed you too," Nico closed his eyes.

He was nothing without his Sunshine.