Chapter 21

*Riddhi Pov*

"It feels good to be back home." I mumbled helping Dad into our home and he smiled hearing my words.

"It feels good for us too. It was not home without you." Mom said, placing the Aarthis aside and helped me.

"I will sit here for some time." He asked and made us sit on his relaxing chair.

"I will come later." Uncle said, nodding at Dad and walked outside the house.

"I will just be back." I said and rushed behind Uncle to stop him.

"Uncle!" I said calling him and he stopped near the gate.

"What is it, Riddhi?" he asked frowning.

"I don't know how to say this, Uncle. But my Dad is lucky to have you as his friend." I replied to which he laughed.

"I thought he told you about our friendship details. Anyway, I am lucky to have him as my friend more than him. Your Dad really loves you, Riddhi." He said rubbing my hair and walked away.

"So, do you want to eat anything?" I asked smiling at them.

"Why don't you sit here?" he asked gesturing me near the stool we place near his chair.

"What is it, Dad?" I asked him frowning.

"We didn't know that Shiv's parents to let him leave in anger. His Mother told your Mom last week when they visited." Dad started saying with a frown.

"They were angry only for six months and then they came to meet him." I said looking away.

"How did you both managed those six months and how did you managed these last six months even without his support?" Dad asked holding my hand.

"What is the need to know about them, Dad? Everything is fine now." I said frowning at him.

"Tell us!" Mom too insisted.

"We both worked in part-time and he already brought the money from his home. And after the break-up, I started working on my own full-time during holidays in a supermarket and night shift at Café where I am living." I explained not hiding a detail.

"How much burden you got on your shoulders because of our stubbornness? Will you forgive us?" Dad asked with tears.

"Dad! Please don't talk like that. You don't know how happy I am right now. Let's just don't spoil that." I replied, to which he nodded and hugged me along with Mom.

"Did you both separated because of non-acceptance from us?" Dad suddenly asked when I stood up.

"Not at all, Dad. If that didn't happen now then it would have happened later." That's all I said before walking inside the kitchen.

"So, what are you going to do about the part time job while staying here for the holidays?" Mom asked when we were having our food.

"I called the manager Uncle and took permission." I replied smiling.

"We are really happy that you will be here for the holidays." Mom said smiling at me.

"After six months I will stay with you both completely." I said smiling back.

"Then what about job?" Dad asked frowning.

"Don't worry, Dad! I will choose some from here only." I replied assuring him.

"Don't neglect those things at all. You worked too hard from the time you are a kid and you shouldn't leave all those." Dad instructed and I nodded smiling.