Chapter 10: Risky Business

Start from the beginning

“Okay men, pick your girl and head to the back.” He looked to us girls. “Make sure to make these gentlemen very happy.” He toothily grinned and then walked back around the counter to possibly count the books again. My usual, Maurice, took my hand.

“Hi Nova. How are you?”

To be honest I actually enjoyed this one’s company above the other customers I usually had. He always wanted to know how my day was and he would truly listen to me before we fucked. I found it almost sweet. I would almost think he cared, but then I would remember that he was carrying out some interracial fantasy that he would never be able to carry out with him being a senator and a family man.

Most times I wondered what it felt like to have someone who truly cared about me but all I had were these people. Men who only wanted what was between my legs. I led Maurice to the back as I began to tell him about my day.

He listened and smiled at the good parts but when we reached my door, all conversation ceased and I remembered he was here for one thing and only thing only. To spread my legs and make that money. It was no different than what Cassy was doing but now she was owning a business she knew nothing about.

She didn’t deserve it which was why I was going to need to call in some reinforcements.

To distract her that is.

***

Zeke

I parked my car in the driveway of the strip club. It was around 11:30p.m., when my pops called me about some news he had to tell me. I stepped out of my BMW and sized up the strip club, Hustler’s Palace. I been here one time before and that was a couple of years ago. I had a bad experience and never been back since.

Heading to the front, I dapped up the bouncer and went on in and heading straight for the third floor.

I knocked on the office door that read: Big Poppa

I still never understood why he chose that name and frankly I didn’t give a shit.

The door opened and standing behind it was one of dad’s bouncer guys. Now these guys were big as fuck and I knew never to fuck with them. These niggas would literally throw my ass through the window without breaking a sweat.

Pops was sitting behind his desk reading over a paper that was in his hand while a smart looking brother stood behind him in a fancy suit and glasses.

“This looks good Anthony. You made sure to add in how much revenue this place makes right? Whenever she decides to sell it I really want to give the buyer a run for their money.”

She?  Who is she and why was she selling something I was supposed to take over?

“Pops you selling this place?”

He looked from the paper and to me without a greeting.

“You’re here, good. Sit down I have something to tell you.”

I slowly sat in the chair was placed in front of his desk. My heart was beating a mile a minute in anticipation and I just knew he was going to drop the bomb on me.

“What is it?”

“I’ve given the business to someone else. You’re just too irresponsible with money and too childish to run my business and I can’t wait any longer for you to grow out of this..phase.”

I couldn’t say anything. I only felt anger. I clenched my jaw together and tried my hardest to keep my fists from balling up. That shit wasn’t fair! I was waiting to take this place on and bend it to how I wanted to. I wanted to bring a drug cartel in here; something Pops said was too risky. He didn’t want ‘dirty money’ ruining his business.

Ha, he was missing out on how much he could make!

But to give it to someone else was just insane!

“Who is she?” I asked through clenched teeth.

“Cannot discuss that. Just know it’s in good hands. Maybe once you grow up I can think about making you co-owner or something.”

Co-owner? No, I wanted to rule this place not share it. I was beyond heated.

“Whatever, is that all?” I asked standing. I couldn’t even look him in the face. He nodded his head and I made my exit out the door and out the club and back into my car. I slammed my hand down on the steering wheel over and over until I felt some of the anger disappear. I took out my friend and dialed the familiar number.

“Yeah.” She answered.

“He gave the business to someone else.”

“I know.” Was all she said before hanging up.

I was going to figure out who this person was and play dirty.

This was mine and only mine.