Don't Disregard Hope

When Cedric came in through the Weasley's door in the early morning he found Demetria with a glass of pumpkin juice the straw in it already between her lips, and an untouched piece of toast with strawberry jam.

He walked towards her curiously before spotting the sight of her attention.

"Oh you saw that did you?" Cedric asked.

Demetria looked up from the Daily Prophet and said, "McCartney's been bringing mail back and forth but I wasn't paying attention to the prophet, so I didn't know about him escaping."

Cedric sat down at the seat beside her and sighed, "You're worried..."

"Yeah," she said shutting her eyes.

"Not about yourself though right?" Cedric smiled a bit.

"I'm worried about Harry," Demetria said placing her hands on her face.

Cedric nodded and wrapped an arm around her, "I know. Worrying about yourself isn't in your nature."

Demetria smiled a bit before sighing and said, "I just...I know all this stuff, Harry doesn't."

"What stuff?" Cedric asked.

Demetria looked over at him, she knew she probably shouldn't say but he was trustworthy and she leaned into him and said, "Sirius Black was a supporter of...Voldemort," Cedric wrinkled his nose at the name but she continued on, "you know this. Everyone knows that, Harry probably doesn't but that's not the big thing."

"Then what is it?" Cedric asked.

"Harry's father is James Potter, and Sirius Black was James's best friend and he's Harry's godfather. He was their secret keeper and he told Voldemort where they were, he handed Harry's dad and our mother over to Voldemort."

Cedric frowned and pulled Demetria close, "And Harry knows nothing about this?"

"Cedric he knows so little about everything having to do with what surrounds him. I guess I just am, was hoping he'd get to have some sort of childhood and not have to deal with all this."

"Demetria, Harry's growing up, and you and him, you were cut from the same cloth for sure. You're both strong as hell. He'll be okay. Besides you've known all this stuff for some time I'm assuming, Harry's going to be third year, the same year you were in when he came to Hogwarts. I think he can handle you telling him this," Cedric said.

"I just...is it too much to hope that they'll catch him and we'll get to have a normal year?" Demetria asked.

"I would never turn you against hope," Cedric said.

"But with me and Harry..." Demetria whispered.

"With you and Harry it does sometimes seem that there is a dark cloud following you around," Cedric admitted.

"Right."

"But," Cedric said grabbing Demetria's hand, "I'm going to be right alongside you. I've come to embrace your dark cloud."

Demetria smiled at him and pecked his lips and whispered, "What would I do without you?"

"Who knows, I don't want to think about an alternative in which we're not an us," Cedric said.