The Bonfire (edited)

The warmth of my shower disappears as I step out, reaching for a towel to dry off. Thankfully, my towel is secure around my body. Dmitri walks in carelessly, a bored look on his face.

I yelp, gasping afterwords. "Don't scare me like that!" I yell, hitting his arms. He chuckles in amusement, a brow raising. "So your worried about me scaring you but not the fact your in a towel?" I roll my eyes, walking out of the steamy bathroom.

"Fucking idiot, asshole, dick sucker," I mutter under my breath, deciding on what to wear. Gah. He's so...so annoying! At least give me a few minutes to exit the bathroom! Surely he heard the shower.

Quickly, I throw on my black bathing suit top that crosses right under my breasts. The thick, bottom straps have a split in the middle. Tossing on my lace coverup and sandals, I grab my bag and head out.

Tonight we're going to a bonfire. I really don't want to go but I promised Dmitri I would. He should feel lucky.

Since he did the same, I barge into Dmitri's room, only to be faced with him in a towel instead of me this time. I roll my eyes, smirking playfully. Even though his body is fit and juicy, I can keep my eyes off.

His blue eyes side over as he jumps a bit, not expecting to see me. I laugh and go to sit on his bed, waiting for him to get ready. How am I ready before him? Jeez. This man needs to hurry up before I go insane and take a ten hour nap.

Those orbs don't leave mine. He smiles playfully, eyes teasing. "You're going to stay here and watch me undress?" He asks amused, making me shrug. "It's going in me one day. Might as well see how big you are," I respond. Him and I both laugh at my words.

I shake my head, fingers covering my eyes. "Really? You're so childish," he laughs. I stick my tongue out but keep my eyes covered. It isn't until I feel his hands curl around mine, taking them off of my face slowly. Our eyes meet.

His blue eyes burn mine. They spark, brightening. I take in a quiet breath as he sighs. My brows crease. He shakes his head, grabbing his light jacket.

"Ready?" He asks. I blink a couple of times before smiling and saying yes. What the hell just happened?

Anyways, let's start this shit.

//

My fingers curl around a cold, fresh beer as the liquid pours down my throat. God, it's been a while.

Dmitri left me five minutes after we showed up. It didn't bother me. Besides, being alone is better than being crowded. All he brings is tons of attention.

Shrugging, I walk over to the large and growing fire. People are dancing to the music, sitting on the bark, and talking while drinking random alcohol. The drunk couples are flirting and or making out. I gag inside.

Once realizing I know no one, I head over to the dark water and plop onto the sand. I'm scrolling through Facebook, minding my business. Someone comes over and drop down next to me. Hm?

A random, sober kid smiles up at me. Unlike me, he hasn't had at least 3 or 4 beers. But I'm just tipsy...

"I'm Samuel," he states. I nod, slightly taken off guard by this whole thing. What is going on? Is this how people make friends? Ehh...

"Cool?" I ask, unsure of what to say. He laughs, head shaking as his blazing blue eyes gazes over the ocean. Jesus, why are his eyes so blue? "Not really," he chimes. "My name sucks ass."

My lips curl up as I let out a soft laugh. At least he's cool. "Sarahi," I greet him.

"Why aren't you over there with the rest of them?" I ask in confusion. He seems outgoing, loud, if I may. "I don't know," he says, a small frown on his face. His hand brushes through the white hair. "I just came because my brother said he was coming and bringing some girl. He hasn't had a real relationship...Ever since our parents, he usually just shows up to parties and fucks girls."

I frown at his sadness. His brother is a type a asshole. How can you make this sweet little guy feel like shit? Pursing my lips, I give him a small side hug since I don't know him like that. He smiles a bit before looking back at the ocean.

"I know how he feels," I admit. "Don't get mad at him a lot. It takes a long time to get over a death of someone important to you or a heartbreak. Plus, it's really hard. Change isn't easy. But if I can get through this so can he."

Before he can answer, Dmitri stumbles over to us. His blue eyes are dead set on mine, narrowed and full of anger. I shift. What have I done wrong now?

"Why are you guys alone together?" He spits drunkly. I sigh, shrugging. "Dmitri, I don't even know who this is" I say angrily. He's the one that left me. I'm not going to sit around like a dog.

"Calm down, D. I don't know her like that. Is she the girl?" Samuel asks, making him nod. I put the pieces together and gasp. Why the hell did I tell him that shit???

My eyes drift back to Dmitri. He rocks back and forth on his feet, struggling to gain his balance. I suck in a pained breath once seeing the red lipstick stains spread all over his neck. No wonder why he left me. I can't give him what he wants.

"Dmitri," I murmur slowly. For some reason, I feel small tears prick my eyes. This is what I get for starting to like some stupid guy. Ugh. I should've stopped myself. Why am I stupid??

"What's wrong?"

"Where were you this whole time?" I ask, wanting confirmation.

His eyes flicker to his brother, coming back to mine. I catch the hint rather easily. He doesn't want him to find out. "With...my friend," he whispers.

"Samuel can you excuse us for-"

I'm cut off abruptly.

"No!" Samuel exclaims angrily, standing up. His eyes burn with anger, sadness. "Stop it! Stop sleeping around Dmitri! Why!? Why do you do this to yourself? I'm done dealing with you. You call all the time saying that you want to change but you never do! I'm done!"

My lips curve into a frown at the sight of his tears. He doesn't deserve this...I don't deserve this. Dmitri holds out a useless hand as his brother shakes his head, walking away.

I stand, take one look at Dmitri and sigh. "Wait-Sarahi-"

Like Samual, my head shake as I walk away. This would never work out. He's a player. I'm done getting hurt by people who don't even know their own self worth. Who don't care about the others around them.

If jail is what I have to go through, then so be it.