Jason tries to drown the son of Poseidon

I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, Percy, why are you in the captain's cabin in the middle of the night with only your pajama pants on and your head stuck in a bucket of water, while the captain is unconcious on the floor?

Well, I dunno. Ask the captain.

You are probably confused right now, asking, when did this happen? And you are probably rereading the chapter before this one to try to figure out what happened. While you are there, leave a comment, wont you? It will definitely make a good friend of mine happy.

But, just so we're clear, you won't find out what happened in the last chapter, because I am going to tell you now.

Sheesh, you impatient people!

So after Charlie stood up for me against the captain, I made sure I thanked him.

He handled it so casually. He told me that it was fine. That's what friends were for.

After that, it was back to cleaning the deck.

By now, the seagulls were gone and the deck was a gooy mess.

When Annabeth and I finished cleaning it, it was already darkout and I was starving.

And it was tuesday. Usually that's when Jimmy comes around. You remember Jimmy, don't you? The catfish?

My dad gave him a longer lifespan because of his service. The fish was better than ever. Maybe a bit old, but that doesn't matter.

He's still got that sense of humor. (Not really, the old fish has never had a sense of humor and he doesn't quite understand sarcasm)

Tonight, however, was different. Jimmy showed up, but too early. The crew was still outside. I'm the one who didn't show up until an hour later when the crew was eating.

"Finally! Where have you been? I've been waiting for an hour!" He said.

"I'm sorry, ok? I can't really help it. The crew wasn't gone yet and I was kinda being threatened by the captain." I whisper-shouted back.

"That's fine. Anything you found out that your father should know about?"

"No, nothing in the past week. But Jason has been a lot jerkier than usual. He might be up to something."

"Like what?" He asked.

"I don't know. If I see anything suspicious, I will let you know by dropping a sponge in the sea. I'm gonna need to be more careful. The captain hates me now. He found out who my father is."

"That's not good. But, it seems like you've got things under control for now. I will leave you now to get your rest."

"Okay, send greetings to my father and the mermaids. I will be coming to the palace if I get into trouble. I'll see you next week."

"Yeah. Good luck, Percy." He said and then he vanished.

I checked my surrundings. Nobody was in sight. So I went to bed early. I was exhausted after the day's work.

So I went to my cell in the brig.

I used to have a cabin before captain Jason came along.

But whatever. Doesn't matter. I like my cell.

I put my head on my pillow and immediately fell asleep.

I felt as if I only slept five minutes before I was woken up by somebody's hand covering my mouth.

What the hell?

I opened my eyes and found that the captain himself right above me.

"I told you to watch your back, asshole." He said. I probably should've called for help, but there was one problem.

I'm a mute, remember?

Jason pulled me up and put a dagger to my back so I couldn't struggle.

He dragged me to his cabin and got me in a choke hold and said, "let's see if I can drown a son of Poseidon."

Then he tried to shove my head into a bucket of water while I was still in a choke hold.

What kind of idiot tries to drown a son of Poseidon?

But I knew it was going to come.

That dam tail was going to grow if I even choked on the water.

So, while my head was in the bucket, my arm reached for Jason's head and, somehow finding it, i grabbed his hair and slammed his head against the wall one time.

And boom! He was unconcious.

I tried to get the bucket off my head, but it was too small nd it stuck there.

That's right, my head was stuck in a bucket.

Shit.

How was I going to explain this?

Easy. I wasn't going to explain this. I was the mute. I was definitely the victim in this. I didn't need to explain anything.

Mm...probably not the best thing to do...

Jason would act all innocent and say it's my fault.

Ugh.

I finally got the bucket off my head with a struggle.

Then I looked at his unconcious body and whispered into his ear, "how's that for watching my back, Asshole?"