I think they'll make a cute couple

The next day was even worse. The girl kept on babbling about science and weird things like that. I couldn't understand wha she was saying half the time, and that's what bothered me.

I could babble about the ocean for weeks, but I don't because I know that nobody really cares about what happens inside the ocean or what causes the ocean to make waves. No they only care about treasures and mermaids.

Or at least they do now. Captain Owen cared a lot about the sea. I used to babble with my hands about the ocean everyday for hours in front of the captain. He was always interested. He figured out that I was a son of Poseidon, but we kept that between the two of us.

Now we have captain Jason and I barely lift my hands to say anything. When I do, it is to ask for a break and Jason usually says no, so...

I scrubbed the deck. Birds pooped everywhere so where it usually took me two hours to complete, it took me four hours now.

I sighed a huge sigh and i wanted to complain so badly, but I can't. The blonde girl kept on yapping and babbling in the loudest, squeakiest tone of voice I almost snapped at her to keep her mouth shut for five minutes.

Women.

I gave her a dirty look and went back to scrubbing off the goo. Ew.

She shut up for a moment,but then started babbling again.

"What is your problem, Mute?" She asked.

I signed, you are being a pain in my butt.

" I don't understand what you are saying." She said and shrugged.

I sighed.

There were two pirates looking at us. The one who I knew as Charlie Beckendorf, snickered and said to the other pirate, who I knew as Clarice, " I think they'll make a cute couple."

I had to roll my eyes at that. How can anyone think that I -of all people- would fall for her? I mean, she was being a pain and giving me a headache with her pitched voice and her babbling. Most of the time I didn't even know what she was saying.

I shook my head and packed up. I would come finish when the birds flew away. I was just wasting my energy with this. Now it was on to the kitchen.

As expected, blondie followed me, still talking complete and utter nonsence.

I took out my sponge and started cleaning the counter. She cleaned the floor.

After about ten minutes, i joined in and we were done in half an hour.

It was just about noon right now and time for my midday break, aka, lunchtime for the pirates.

"Hey captain what's-your---name!" Blondie yelled after Captain Jason as he was headed to the belowdeck. I facepalmed.

"When are you going to get me off this hellhole?!" She yelled.

Jason gave her a scowl and then looked at me with an angry expression on his face.

My eyes widened.

This can't be good.