Epilogue -Home Sweet Home

Epilogue:

Bright light, white room, two chairs and one table. I'd been through this before, nothing's new.

I had been seated here alone with no one to attend to me for the past few minutes until a young man, dressed in a black suit walked in carrying a briefcase.

"Hello" he said, placing the briefcase on the table before turning to me "Ms. Barcuff."

"Its Valerina Barkov" I replied with a light smile. I could see a flash of confusion and surprise in his eye.

"Okay Ms. Barkov" he started, trying hard to get a correct pronunciation this time

"I'd prefer Val" I responded, a smile still plastered on my face. He simply nodded gently before pulling the briefcase closer to himself. He opened it and pulled out some files.

"Five murders in one day, now that's some stunt you pulled there" he started, "Gutiérrez Pablo, died of a severed jugular blood vessel" he turned over the picture of Mr. Pablo's body at the murder scene,

"Jian Li, burnt to death" he gave a cursory look at me and I could read meaning to it, Are you human?

"Alexia Davies, shot at a range"

"My last lawyer" I added. He turned to me, and then gave a second look at the cold body of Ms. Davies.

"Dmitri Udinov, shot multiple times" he continued

"It was just three times" I said. His head popped up like I had said a forbidden word. "And Alexander Sparks? Died of his product. Something that was meant to go into public market." He stared at me.

"You know there's no escaping this, a killing spree is worth a long time you know?We're talking life sentence here."

"You sound like Ms. Davies; she's dead now you know?" I answered with a broad smile. He swallowed hard before packing up the files and leaving the interrogation room. I turned towards the glass window and there he stood, watching with a broken heart. "I'm sorry Parker I mumbled."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Madam Foreperson, have you reached a final verdict?" The judge asked.

"Yes my lord" an aged woman answered, rising up with a piece of paper.

"What say you?"

"In the case of the deceased families versus Valerina Barkov, we find her...Guilty"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gates buzzed open, I was welcomed with the loud chants of people and the clanging sounds of the metal gates. Nothing's changed. I saw the look on people's face as I was walked down the aisle, it was a look of doubt, there was no way anyone would want to return here, not in this life, not in a thousand lives to come.

The metal door slid open and sitting there, in her usual spot, just the way I had left her was Sharon, or was it Redshiv now. I wasn't surprised to see that my spot hadn't been taken yet, there was barely anyone who could stand her aura. She turned to me, her face ever cheerful,

"Welcome home Val" she said, a smile carved up on her face. Home, my life's just officially started.