Chapter 20: Let us Take You As An Example

Start from the beginning

He nodded his head and looked at me for a long minute. He got up and went behind the counter. He came back and put a key in his pocket. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. We headed out of the Bureau and Malik closed the doors behind us. We started to run on the roof tops for a bit before we were on top of Malik's roof. We jumped down and headed inside. We walked in and we both sat down. Malik looked at me.

"Harees, I will see what I can do. I never realized that Abbas had so many men behind him. He has confronted me before but I never thought anything of it."

"Trust me, no one did until now."

"Why dont you wash up while I get us something."

I nodded my head as I got up and headed to the bathroom and got a cloth and washed off my face. I took my hood down and washed the rest of my face. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked clean enough. I noticed I had dark circles under my eyes from sleepless nights. My eyes were starting to lose their bright brown color. I never noticed these changes before. Why now? I set the cloth down and headed back out to the kitchen. I saw Malik with a glass in his hand. He looked over to me and smiled. He motioned his head to the other glass in front of him. I walked over and grabbed it. It was a brown colored liquid.

"I think we can both use this after our day."

He raised his glass and we clinked them together. He took a long drink of his and I took a sip of mine. Ah, beer! I could use this even more than ever. I took another sip of mine as Malik set his down. He looked over to me as I set my beer down.

"Does Altaïr know about all this?"

"Non, Sef and I planned on sending him a letter as soon as we got into Alamut, but that kind of back fired."

He looked at me again and then drank some more of his beer. I drank more of mine, this time taking a bigger drink. I set my glass as I felt the burn run down my throat. It felt good. I took another drink before I set my beer down. I looked at Malik.

"You will need to tell him."

"I know, I plan on sending him a letter anyways. They had sent me a letter a week ago while I was away and I just got it yesterday."

"Why dont you write him a letter now?"

"It is not the right time. I need to collect my thoughts and then write to him. I will do it tomorrow, je promesse. [I promise]"

He gave me a look and then drank the rest of his beer. I chugged the rest of mine and set the glass on the counter. I swallowed the beer that was in my mouth and looked at Malik. He walked past me and headed down the hallway I had just come from. He motioned me to follow him down the hall. So I did and we ended up in his room. I looked around and it looked like every other room that was ever made. He walked towards the closet and was looking through it. I looked around when I noticed something shiny sticking out of the side of his bed. I walked over and pulled on the shiny silver thing.

I pulled out a knife. I was starting to wonder why Malik had a knife sticking out of the side of his bed when I looked at the knife closely. It had blood on it, fresh blood that had been dried within a day. I turned it around and noticed this was the blade that killed my brother. I looked over to Malik and then to the knife. He had no clue of my brothers murder until I told him, but, why would he have the weapon that killed him? That is when it hit me in the face, but before I could say anything, I was too late and I heard the front door open.

I turned to the door and held the knife tight in my hands. Anger getting the best of me, I set the knife down on the bed and grabbed my dagger and ran towards the door, ready to hit or kill anybody in my way to Abbas. Then I remember what had happened years ago. Abbas also lost his temper and suffered for it. I put my dagger back slowly as guards ran into the room. They grabbed my hands and pinned me against the wall and grabbed Malik by the wrist and pinned him on the wall as well. Abbas walked in and just looked at us.