Chapter Ten

The next week felt kind of weird. Everyday I felt like I was being watched and everytime I would turn around there was Ryan. I got out of the english classroom as fast as I could and headed to my locker. I fixed my backpack onto my shoulder when I heard a slam. I gasped and turned around to see Ryan, a smirk showing upon his face.

"What do you want, Ryan?" I tried not to stutter and glared at him.

"We have a conversation on hold, little Noah." He put his other hand on my left. Making sure I wouldn't escape.

"We don't have anything to talk about." I cletched my teeth together. I was alone with him. Everybody else was inside the cafeteria.

"Why not? Are you seeing someone? Is that it?" His left hand found my jaw line and he tightened his grip. "Why did you break up with me?"

"Ryan, you're hurting me." If he kept doing this I was going to die, I guess.

"I don't care. Answer me!" He tightened his grip and his eyes turned black.

"No. I.. I saw the video of you and Michelle making out." He let go of me and took a step back. I gulped  and held in the tears as I said what I should've said a long time ago. "I'm done, Ryan."

"You'll regret it, Noah!" Those were the last words I heard before running to the school's entrance. I sat on the staircase, staring at my phone's screen. I was about to dial Zayn's number when his picture appeared on th screen out of nowhere.

'Hello?" I sniffed. I wiped away some tears but they didn't stop.

"Are you crying? What happened?" I could already imagine the worried look on his face. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes before letting it out.

"Can you come and pick me up from school?" I sobbed once again. He sighed.

"I'm coming." I hung up and sat there another five minutes waiting for him. I couldn't believe it. The guy I once thought was the best boyfriend ever, turned out to be a monster.

After a few minutes, I took a deep breath before realizing someone was standing in front of me. I looked up to see a worried and sad Zayn, a few tears streaming down his face. He quickly knelt down and took me in an embrace.

"Shh, shh. I'm here." I cried onto his chest as his hand ran up and down my back. "Everything's okay now."

"Take me with you. I don't want to be here." I whispered as I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulders. I needed him.

"Come on. I'll take you to my flat." He got up and extended his hand for me to take. I took it and he helped me up. We got to his car and left the school parking lot. We stayed silent the whole journey. Every now and then, Zayn's hand would caress my cheek. We arrived at his flat and I sat down on the couch. He sat down next to me. "Come here." I rested my head on his chest. Sobs still came out of my mouth. I couldn't take it. "Now tell me what happened."

"It was Ryan. He grabbed me by my neck and he hurt me. I was so scared."  Zayn's hand held mine and he kissed the top of my head. He examinated my neck before kissing it.

"I know you hate this but I told you. You deserved better." I looked up and met his gaze.

"Do you think I found better?" He chuckled and smiled at me. 

"I'm not better than him but I won't hurt you. I'll respect you every minute of every day." He pressed his lips against mine and I responded. It soon turned into a make out session as our tongues battled for domaniance. I was now straddling him but as soon as Zayn realized thing were about to get heated, he pulled away. "You're not ready for this and I'm not doing this to you." I laughed with him and sat up. He kissed my cheek and I giggled. "You looked cute when you blush."

"I didn't know that." He pecked my lips and got up from the couch.

"Are you okay now?" I nodded. "Let's take you home."

"What about mom and dad?" I got up and realized we were stabding to close to each other.

"We'll tell them what happened and I promise to convince Louis to not go to your school." He cupped my face and kissed my lips.

"Thank you, Zayn." I hugged him and he kissed the top of my head.

"Anytime babe." He winked and we headed to the lift so we could go to my house.

Two weeks later.

I was sitting on my bed using my laptop. I scrolled down my twitter account to see a tweet from Zayn.

zaynmalik: Desperate times call for desperate messuares. xx

I thought about it. What was he going to do? Out of nowhere I heard shouting coming from outside my bedroom. It couldn't be mom and dad fighting. I ran down the stairs to find mom with shock showing upon her face.

"Louis! Louis please stop!" I looked at the scene I did not wanted to see in my entire life. Dad was punching Zayn in the face. What had happened?

"Dad! Stop!" I grabbed his shirt and made him get off of Zayn. I helped him up and stared at him. His nose was bleeding and his bottom lip was in the same state. "Dad, what is wrong with you?"

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you Noah? You're dating my bestfriend!" My jaw dropped. Zayn must've told him. I looked at Zayn. His face was blank. He was hurt.

"You told him?" I asked in disbelief. Dad hurt him. Best thing yet, I was ready to be grounded for the rest of my life.

"I had to. I'm sorry Noah." His face showed emotion now. Tears streaming down his cheeks.

"How could you react like this dad?" I was now yelling at him. He had the right to be mad but not the right to hurt him.

"How could you be dating him, Noah? He's my bestfriend, my bandmate. Are you out of your mind? You're just sixteen!" I couldn't help it. Dad was going to push me to the limit. I couldn't let him get to me.

"Don't you realize I love him? I may be sixteen but I've been in love with him since I can remember. Age is just a number! You said so yourself years ago." I grabbed Zayn's hand and kept my eyes locked with my dad's.

"You know what? You're grounded! Go upstairs to your room." He came closer and pointed his finget at Zayn. "And you, get out of my house. I don't want you near me or my family. I thought we were friends, Zayn."

"I'm sorry, Lou." He turned to me. "I'm sorry, Noah."

"Zayn, wait!" I grabbed his hand before he could take another step to leave. He looked at our hands and then at me. "Aren't you going to fight for us?"

"I'm sorry, babe. He knows. There's nothing we can do about it." He took a deep breath and let it out. "I'm going to Bradford. I don't know when I'm coming back."

"Please stay." I could feel the tears starting to stream down my face. This couldn't be happening.

"I'm sorry." He let go of my hand and walked out of the house. As soon as the door closed, I turned to see my dad shooting daggers at me.

"I hate you. I hate both of you!" I ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room. I threw myself in bed and cried myself to sleep. Everything that happened kept coming to my head. How could dad be so agressive?

I woke up around 2:00 AM. I sat on my bed and stared at the carpet. Zayn was leaving. He was leaving me behind. I quickly got up and grabbed one of my school bags since it was Sunday. I put a spare change of clothes inside including: a pair of jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of Toms, and grabbed my phone.

I finally made my desicion. I quietly opened the door and sneaked out of the house. It was cold out in th streets of London. There wasn't people or cars moving. It was silent. Once I got to Zayn's building, I took the lift.

All I wanted to do was spend the night with him, at least.

This chapter has been edited on 08/26/2014. This story is also posted on OneDirectionFanfiction.com. I decided to post it here to give it a try. Make sure to vote and comment. Thank you for reading!