chapter 2

"Oh Bentley. Bring her home safe." I said saying goodbye to him. He was leaving with a few guards and soldiers from the Vampire Army to go find Justin and Rein. The rest of the Vampire World was put on lockdown. No one could come in or out of the Vampire Realm, except me and Bentley. The entire Vampire military was out looking for Justin. They had strict orders not to harm Rein or Justin. Bentley was going to make sure Justin stayed dead for good this time.

"I will Bridget. Don't worry too much...it's not good for the baby." He said rubbing my stomach. He gave me a peck on the lips.

"Just keep in touch ok? And most importantly, come home safe. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I think you forgot sweetheart. I'm a vampire. I'm not going to die."

"But you will if he drives a stake through your heart."

"But that's not going to happen to me...it'll happen to him. Now I have to go. If anything is wrong here at the castle, tell me and I'll come back straight away."

"I will."

"See you soon." He said giving me a long hug. He finally let go. "And goodbye kids. I'll be home in no time."

"Dad, let me come with you." Storm begged.

"Son, it's too dangerous. You're the future king. Justin has plans to become king, I'm sure. We can't risk anything."

Storm gave Bentley a sad, but understanding smile.

"Keep your mother and siblings safe ok? You're the man of the castle until I get back."

"Ok Dad. Make me proud and bring my sister home."

"You can count on that." And with that said, Bentley and his own little army walked out the front doors and into the night to search for Rein. I do hope they find her soon.

I turned around to face the rest of the kids. "Ok kids, I think we should all sleep in my room tonight, just to be safe."

"Why? Do you think Justin..." Storm trailed off.

"I don't know." I answered. "He's capable of anything. I should know...I thought I was in love with Justin when I was Rein's age. He made your father do terrible things to me and made me believe that your father was the bad guy. But it was mind control, Storm...That's why now only the royal family has that power. Use it only for good, kids. Otherwise it could tear our kingdom apart. Oh and make sure to block all your minds. We don;t need Justin knowing what's going on around here. Got it.?"

Everyone nodded their heads. The little children probably didn't understand, but they do what I tell them, so we should be safe. "Alright then, everyone, let's get some sleep. I'll have the maids bring some mattresses to my room."

They all started up the stairs. Storm stayed back to talk to me. "Mom? Are you alright?" He asked me with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just that this is a lot for you to take and the baby..." He trailed off.

"The baby is fine. I'm fine. Your sister will be fine and so will your father. ok? Let's get some sleep now." I stated. We both walked up the stairs to my room to find that everyone else was already in their pajamas and laying down on their mattresses with scared expressions on their faces. "Everything's going to be fine kids. I love you all too much for anything to happen"