Chapter 6

BENTLEY's POV

We got back to the castle and Rein immediately ran inside, where Bridget was waiting in the corridor along with the rest of th children. Bridget ran to and hugged Rein when she saw her.

"Oh my god! Rein! I'm so glad you're okay. What did Justin do? Did he hurt you? Are you ok?" Bridget asked, bombarding Rein with questions.

"Babe, she just got home. Give her some space. And there's still the matter of her punishment." I stated.

"How about grounded for a month? Plus I get to Interrogate her and she must answer every question." Bridget suggested.

I thought about it. "Sounds good. Rein, that means no ball or dances, no computer, no phone, no iPod, no new clothes, you must stay in you're room until either me or your mother tell you to come out, no servants, no boys, no friends over, no using your powers, and no going to another realm. Got it? Oh and answer everything your mother asks you."

"That's fair." Rein agreed, sadly. "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry for running off with Justin. I promise I won't ever do anything that stupid ever again,unless you say it's ok..."

"Good. Now go up to your room.... And get there without using your powers. Me and your mother will be there shortly."

BRIDGET's POV

She nodded her head and made her way upstairs to her room, slowly, sulking. As she was about halfway up the first flight of stairs, I screamed in pain, clutching my stomach.

"BRIDGET!" Bentley yelled as he ran over to me. Rein ran back downstairs and stood with the other children, wondering what was going on. Bentley held me close. "What's wrong?"

"The baby. It's coming."

"Alright. Lets get you upstairs. Storm, call the doctor. Rein, take your brothers and sisters into your room and stay there. Bridget, do you think you can make it upstairs?". He instructed, seeing as we have gone through this many times before. The kids scrambled to do what Bentley told them.

"I think s- aaahhhhh!! No!"

"I'm gonna have to carry you.". He picked me up bridal style and I dug my nails into his back from being in a ton of pain. "Ow!"

"Sorry." I Replied.

He used his super speed to bring us to our room and laid me down gently on the bed. A few seconds later, Storm brought in the the doctor, and then Storm went to go join his siblings in Rein's room.

STORM's POV

I went to Rein's room to help her with the littler kids. Since Dad ordered that Rein have no servants, that meant there couldn't be servants anywhere around her. Sucks for the rest of us.

"Rein? Since Mom can't be here to enforce your punishment, I'll do it for her." I stated.

"Storm, do you think now is really the time?" she replied, angrily.

"Now is the perfect time. I have a feeling we'll be here a while...you know, it's one of my many powers...and we have to pass the time somehow. Now first question. Did he hurt you?"

She sighed and plopped down on the bed. "Only when l disobeyed him."

"What did he do?"

"Hit me." she replied in a softer voice.

"What else?"

She shook her head. "That's it."

I got up and sat next to her. "He did more than that. Didn't he?"

She rolled over onto her stomach. "Storm, I really don't want to talk about this. And I especially don't want to talk about this with my older brother."

"You're gonna have to talk about it sooner or later."

"And I choose later."

I put I hand on her back. "You know I'm here for you, sis."

"Really?"

"Always. Rein, I never try to read your mind and im not gonna start now. When you're ready to tell me, I'll be ready to listen. But better me than mom or dad. If you don't talk, your mind will."

"Mom and Dad never read my mind."

"They will if they have to, just like they did when they were trying to find you. They love you, Rein."

"I know they do, but they don't have to know what happened out in the forest. I don't think I can ever tell them."

"Why not?"

"It's not something I want to tell them!" she cried, tears threatening to fall.

"Is it something you'd tell me?" I replied, giving her courage. "I've always been there for you, Rein. I'm your big brother and I'll always protect you, no matter what."

She looked at me with a loving expression. "Thanks, Storm. Maybe when the others aren't around, I'll tell you what happened, but not now. And can you please tell Mom and Dad, I don't want to talk to them about this. You can tell them what I say, but I just can't face them."

I nodded my head. "Alright. If that's what you want."

"I love you, big brother." she sat up and hugged me.

"Love you too, sis."

A little while later Dad came in holding a baby wrapped in a blue blanket. "Kids, I want you to meet your baby brother, Sol (pronounced Soul) Ryder Vanderbelt."

"Aaawwwww!". Everyone cooed as we gathered around Dad and Sol. Baby Sol looked adorable. He has Dad's blue eyes, Mom's dark brown hair. He was smiling up at all of us. He knew who his brothers and sisters were.

"How's Mom?" Rein asked.

"She's doing fine. She's resting now, but later, she wants Rein to see her. There's still the matter of your punishment young lady."

"Dad, I took over for Mom. Rein doesn't really want to talk about it with you guys. But she gave me permission to tell you everything she tells me."

Dad looked at Rein, "Is that so? Well, Rein, still go see your mother later. She missed you a lot while you were away."

"Ok Dad. I will."

"Now, I think I'll go bring this little guy back to your mom before she realizes he's gone."

And now there's nine of us. I don't know how mom and dad can put up with all of us, but they do. They amaze me. Their like super mom and super dad. They know all and see all and can do practically anything. They're my heroes.