Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. Or any of the characters. Except maybe some. The pictures do not belong to me either. Only the plot is mine.

Now, off to the story!

SHE walked down the street alone. Her pink hair flew behind her and her beige cloak fluttered in the wind. Rain threatened to fall any minute now. And she hated getting wet. A warm shower, sure. Rain? No. It always made her feel like the skies were shedding tears for her fate that she did not.

Her feet stumbling, in a state of disorient, she reached for her car keys. Turning the key, she headed off to the place she was meant to call home. She was not always drunk. This was a recent thing for her. Her sense of direction seemed lost as well when she realized she was driving towards the wrong destination.

Her head was already spinning. When she heard a car screeching, her senses went on high alert. She desperately clutched onto the steering when she realized it was not her head, but her car that was spinning. She managed to slam the brake down, nevertheless, her car crashed into a tree and her head banged against the steering wheel.

*********

"Your name?", the nurse in blue scrubs asked.

"Sakura Haruno"

"Do you understand you have been in an accident?"

"Yes"

"Do you admit you were intoxicated?"

"No."

The nurse frowned. Night shifts tend to be annoying for them. Why? Precisely because they have to deal with dimwits like these when their time could be better spent sleeping.

"Admit it."

"I am a little off-balance but I am not intoxicated. And my sense of perception is alright as well"

"Whatever. Wait right here. The on-call doctor will see you in a bit."

She sat swinging her legs. How the hell did she end up a patient just within 2 days of being in Konoha? She is supposed to be treating people not getting treated. She concluded that being uselessly off-work has made her head jumbled. And stupid. But she knew she was a little drunk.

Her mind led her to how it began.

Beer bong!!!! Beer bong! Beeeeer BONG!
C'mon pinky! Here, I'll do it along with you!

Naive. Not that she was too old for beer bongs, but she had spent her entire life prepping for medicine and then at just 21, she became an intern. 24 and she was going to start as a resident doctor at Konoha General. So to waste that away by drinking was just naive. That too, right before her first day at work.
She hit herself mentally on the head.

"Miss.... Haruno?", the doctor said, reading her chart. No reply.
"Miss Haruno?", he repeated.

She snapped out of her thoughts and noticed the male doctor standing before her. Her breath caught in her throat and she smiled. He was gorgeous, to say the least. Young, perfect face, dark hair, mysterious dark eyes, and a deep velvety voice. Deeep... oh! He just said something. Pay attention, Sakura.

The doctor sighed. "Don't blink"
He examined her green eyes with a pencil torch.

"I don't have a contusion, you know", she told him.
"I'll be checking nevertheless", replied the man.
"My head is a little groggy, but I doubt that has anything to do with the accident."
"Drank too much?", he asked, examining her cuts.
"Mini beer bong. A coffee should do for now."
"This frequent for you?"
"Not really. I just moved here a day ago. New city's excitement, I guess", she shrugged, lying smoothly.
Watching him pull out a prescription pad, she immediately snorted. "No pain meds needed"
"Alright. Your wounds are bandaged. You can go now. Though I'd suggest taking a cab or staying the night here. No driving. Have a good night."
He turned around and left the room.

Sakura quickly grabbed her cloak and left as well. She could not delay any further. She went down the elevator and hurried out the gates of the hospital.

***********

"You are late, Sakura", her husband informed. She rolled her eyes. Like you care.
Her husband, Hiroshi or Harry Michaels, was a successful businessman. His father had married his mother for a business deal. He did the same with Sakura. Upcoming doctor, beautiful, good for the family name and money. Profitable.

"Where have you been?"
"Nowhere. I am going to bed. Got work tomorrow. Tell Linda to keep it down", she snorted and went upstairs.

Who's Linda? Yes, that is her husband's girlfriend of the week. She never cared anymore though. They were a marriage on paper. In reality, they were nothing but a broken friendship.

She allowed herself to fall into sleep, pushing all thoughts aside.

Tomorrow will be a new day.