Chapter 27: Looking Back

Casey's POV

I find an old box and open it up. In there, laid a photo album on top of something. I open the photo album and take a seat on the couch.

Pictures of Logan and I as kids, me playing pee-wee football, and a photo of me in the hospital bed from the accident 10 years ago. I had a broken arm, leg, and a few broken ribs.

It all seemed so long ago.

I flip the pages then I see pictures of Luke and I on the football field. Us carrying the championship trophy my junior year before the accident. A picture of me carrying Amy while I'm in my football uniform. The next photos are of Amy and I at dances. Homecoming, winter ball, and prom. Those cheesy photos of high school couples in front of a backdrop.

Then there was me and Logan holding up the championship trophy in our senior season of basketball. Next to it was me holding the championship trophy for football.

I smiled at the sight of those.

The doctors told me it was unlikely for me to play at the level I previously played at.

Sure I had to train extra hard and control how much I worked out and lifted, but I still did it.

I look into the box and I pull out two shirts. After unfolding them, I realize they were my football and basketball jerseys. 

"Hey baby, what are you looking at?" Amy says as she sat down next to me.

"High school memories." 

Amy smiled and looked at the album. "Aw, look how young we look!" She said pointing to a picture of us at junior prom.

"Could you believe that was 10 years ago?"

"Could you believe that you proposed midway through your college football season?" Amy said with a huge smile.

"Well I mean I pretty much knew who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with at 22 so why not?" I said with a shrug.

"And I'm glad you did." Amy said as she showed off her ring, as if I wasn't the one who got it.

I grab her hand and kissed it. "Yet, it has been 5 years since I proposed and you are still acting as if I did it yesterday."

"Well how could I not get happy when I'm married to my best friend?" Amy leans in and wraps her arms around me.

I put my arms around her waist and pull her closer. "I love you." 

"I love you too." Amy kissed me and placed her hand on my chest.

I brought my hands down and squeeze her waist. She immediately squeals and we start goofing off. I climb on top of her and start kissing her neck.

Amy is giggling uncontrollably when we hear tiny footsteps come up to us.

"Mama? I'm hungry." The little child said.

I smile and I walk up and pick up my daughter. "What are you doing up so early princess?" 

Emily was our little 3 year old child. Amy had the baby through Jake's sperm so they would look like me. 

"I'm hungee." Emily said as she grabbed her tiny arms around me.

I bring her to the couch and sit her on my lap next to Amy. "What would you like for breakfast sweetie?" 

"Would you like to make pancakes together?" Amy said while giving her a kiss.

"Hey, where's my kiss?" I said with a pout.