Chapter 6: Such a flirt

Casey POV

After realizing Amy and I have lost track of time and realized 5th period started 21 minutes ago, we decided to stay in the arcade for a bit. For the past 10 minutes, I've been trying to win Amy a Despicable Me minon from the claw machine.

"Come on Casey, I don't even want it that bad, let's play another game!" Amy said while pulling my shirt away from the machine.

I turned around to see Amy pouting and looking up at me.

"One last game okay?" I bargain with her.

"You've been saying that for the past 5 minutes!"

"Yes but I promise this is the last time!" I assured her.

I turned and put a coin into the machine. I move the claw slowly above the small yellow plush toy and push the button to drop the claw. The claw dropped right over the stuffed animal. When it came up, a toy hung by its teeth.

"YES FINALLY! Casey McDonald does not lose!" I exclaimed.

I bent over to pick up the toy from the opening at the bottom. I turned to face Amy with a wide smile and handed it her.

"For you my lady."

Amy giggled and took the stuffed animal from me. "Seriously Casey you didn't have to blow 10 dollars to get me a toy. I'll back you back later."

"No I wanted to play that game so I could give it to you. You don't have to pay me back."

"But I-"

"No buts cutie!" I exclaim.

Amy blushes and tries to hide her blush with the stuffed animal. I laugh and put my arm around her shoulder as we exit the arcade. We walk out of the restaurant and into the parking lot. When we reach my car I open the door for Amy and she smiles at me and gets in the car.

I hop into the driver's side and start the car. I pull out of the parking lot and start the drive back to school.

Amy POV

After about 10 minutes of trying to win me a Despicable Me minion, Casey finally won one and smiled victoriously before handing it to me. When we were heading out of the restaurant, Casey had her arm around me which gave me the butterflies. She again opened the door for me and I smiled as a thank you for her and now we are heading back to school.

"There's some CD's in the back and you can see if there's anything you want to play, if not we can listen to the radio." Casey informed me.

I reached behind me and felt a shoe box and picked it up. I took off the lid and at first there were some typical music you'd find in a teenagers iPod; Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and some hip hop and R&B artists I haven't heard of. Then the next albums were a surprise to me; A Day To Remember, Mayday Parade, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At the Disco.

"You listen to pop punk and alternative music?" I asked her with a big smile.

"Yeah I love that type of music, my music taste is everywhere so there's almost a bit of everything in there." Casey told me while keeping her eyes glued to the road.

I down and see there is a CD in a little CD sleeve.

"What's this?" I asked her while holding it up.

Casey glanced toward me and gave me a slight smile.

"It's a CD with every type of music I listen to. I don't have an aux cord yet so I sometimes make CD's with the music I'm into at the time."

I put the CD into the slot and Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space' blasts through the speakers.

I smile and begin singing along to the lyrics, "Nice to meet you, where you been-"

"Yeah where have you been all my life?" Casey asks me with a smirk on her face.

I blush furiously and hide my face in my hands.

"Aw don't hide your face from me cutie, you know why?"

"Why?" I ask curiously.

"Cause I got a blank space baby and I'll write your name." Casey sang and danced her in seat.

I laughed at Casey dancing in her seat. She looked so dorky but it was so cute at the same time.

"You know not to brag or anything but I got a long list of Starbucks lovers." Casey said in a confident tone.

"It's 'long list of ex lovers' Casey, not "Starbucks lovers,'" I told her.

"You're just jealous because I have more Starbucks lovers than you."

"Uh huh. Sureeeee." I replied. For the rest of the car ride, we listened to a bunch of difference songs in silence while Casey hummed along to them.She pulls into the student parking lot and we get out of the car and head to the trunk to get our bags.

"I need to go to my locker." I said to Casey.

"I'll go with you, it's the direction as to the locker room so might as well." Casey said while losing the trunk and locking the doors. 6th period wasn't over yet so the halls were empty as we walked through them. We reach my locker and I take out a notebook and put it in my backpack. I close my locker and turn around to see Casey with that dorky grin on her face.

"Why the face?"

"Nothing, it's just that you're really cute."

I blush and hide my face in my hands. Suddenly and I feel Casey's of arms wraparound me and pulling me closer to her.

"You're so cute when you blush you know that?" she says softly into my heart.

I pull away from her and look up to her smiling. "I had a great time today."

Casey looks down at me and smirks, "As did I cutie."

"We should do it again sometime." I suggest to her

She smiles and takes a step closer to me. She presses her lips against my forehead for a second before pulling me into a tight embrace. I feel a jolt of electricity and warms my body at the touch of her lips.

"Yes we should," she whispers softly in agreement.

We hug for about 5 seconds more before pulling away. I look up and see the happiness sparkle in Casey's eyes. I tip toe and press my lips against her cheek. When I pull away I see Casey standing with a satisfied smirk.

Suddenly the bell rings and students pour out of the classrooms and fill the halls.

"I have football practice tomorrow. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I smile and nod. "Yes you will."

We share a quick hug again before heading our separate ways.

----------------------------------

Short chapter. Please leave comments and feedback. Happy reading! -C