Chapter 21: Third Date Rule

Start from the beginning

"Fish are friends, not food," I said, hitting him over the head with the menu, "Gosh! Katie and Mick would be so disappointed in you."

"Well, they're not here so I think I'm okay."

I hit him in the head again just as the waitress came back with our drinks. She didn't comment, but her perky smile faltered a little.

"Oops," I said sheepishly, putting my menu down to take my drink. "Thank you."

"No problem, honey," she said, giving Landon his drink as well. We gave her our orders and she took our menus away before promising that dinner was coming shortly.

"Damn, she took my weapon," I pouted.

"Thank God."

I kicked him under the table. "Just because I don't have anything to hit you with doesn't mean I can't still kick you."

"You're a menace," he said as we started a footsie war under the table. I slipped off my flip-flops and put my feet in his lap. 

"I'm not your foot rest," he whined.

"Fine." I dropped my feet down but he caught my legs in between his, holding them hostage.

"Hey!" I protested, "Let me go."

"Why should I? As soon as I do you'll abuse me again," he said, "There's no chance of me letting you go."

"Fine," I said again, smirking as I maneuvered my foot up between his legs until I felt the booth under one of my feet. I scooted to the edge of my seat, pushing my long leg forward all the way until I had my foot right between his legs.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing," I said innocently, pushing my foot against him.

He jerked in surprise, knee hitting the table and immediately letting my foot go.

Hey, look at that! Being around Blade is actually useful; I can get guys to do what I want by using their sexual needs against them.

"What the hell?" he said in surprise, his cheeks bright red.

"Sorry, but you wouldn't let go. So blame yourself and your little buddy," I said, slipping my flip-flops back on before I crossed my legs under the table, far out of his reach.

"I thought you were an innocent virgin," he said, still looking embarrassed.

"I said I was a virgin. I never said I was innocent."

Well, I used to be innocent until Blade corrupted me. 

"Damn, I guess 'kinky' really does suit you," he remarked, "But if you're going to do something like that can you not do it in public?"

"Sorry but I couldn't think of any other way to get you to let go."

"Well, if you promised me a kiss I would have let go," he said, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Who said I would have kept my promise?"

"I know you would. You're too good to not be able to keep your promise," he said firmly.

"That is highly debatable," I said as the waitress appeared with our food and bounced off with a "enjoy your meal, lovebirds!"

"Lovebirds?" I echoed.

"Ah, you heard that too? I thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me."

"Well, lovebird," I said, raising my glass of coke, "Cheers to making it to a second date."

"Cheers," he echoed, clinking his glass against mine before we drank, "So does that mean second dates don't happen often?"

I shrugged, cutting my chicken parmesan, "Well, it depends on the guy. I've got a rule about that too."