Chapter 13

Niall's POV

I was in shock... Nothing more to it... Just shock... You could feel everyone's spirits literally drop, including Mr. Sanchez's. Brianna had her arm around my shoulder, she was crying. I pulled her arm down until she was standing right in front of me, her face now stained with fresh tears. I grabbed her into a hug and rested my chin on the top of her head she began sobbing into my chest, I buried my face in her hair as felt her tears begin to leak through my shirt. Katherine began pacing the room and cracking her knuckles, now I've known Katherine long enough to know that she was getting scared, really scared. "We need more security! Yeah! We can call in from London and get more guards for the facility! I'll call Mr. Gordon over at L-" she rambled on while pacing the room angrily, I handed Bri off to Mark before making my way over to Katherine, "Kat..." She just continued rambling on, "We need to start developing a security perimeter around the facility and more cameras and-" I tried again, this time slightly louder. "Katherine..." Still no change. "We need to start hacking into cameras all around Ireland to find the gang's hideout before they get here-" this needs to stop. "Katherine!" I shouted while grabbing her shoulders and making her look at me. "What!?" she shouted in return, tears streamed down her face as our eyes locked. I pulled her into a hug and tried to calm her down, "Kat... Katherine look at me...." I said while bending down ever so slightly so we were eye level with each other. I grabbed her hand in mine and placed it over my heart, "Im right here Katherine! You can feel my heart beating Kat... I'm right here..." I said while looking deep into her eyes, which were glazed with tears. She sniffled as her eyes wandered mine, "They are trying to kill you Niall. I barely made it through last time I lost you... I can't loose you again, I just can't!" She cried while burying her face in my shoulder, I looked at Bri who had stopped crying by now as she held onto a obviously scared Mark. "I'm not going to die Kat, I won't let that happen..." "Neither will we." Chimed Mark, I turned around to see him and Brianna standing tall while making their way over to us. Katherine pulled away from her previous position and wiped her tears, "Never in a million years..." She gave me a sad smile, we all grabbed each other in a group hug.

Liam's POV

The room was so silent, you almost here our hearts beating erratically from the news that we had just heard. It was never us... They wanted to kill Niall... They killed his parents... They took away his childhood and now they want to end his life completely. I directed my attention away from the screen of Harry's iPhone and at the rest of the boys, their eyes wide and teeth clenched shut. A statement came through the iPhone speakers which made my heart do backflips... "Niall... You are relieved of your duty on this case as the protector of One Direction." Mr. Sanchez said firmly, "NO!" The boys and I all yelled simultaneously at the statement, "Niall's eyes immediately darkened as he turned to face Mr. S. "Mr. S, you can't do that... The mob will kill them if I'm not there!" Niall shouted while making his way over to him until the two were face to face. "Niall, I can assign another agent to the case and wipe their memory if you. I need to protect you! You're the closest thing to a son that I have!" Mr. Stated while leaning against the chair beside him, Niall looked taken back by Mr. Sanchez's sudden outburst. He knelt in front of him, "And you're the closest thing I have to a father S, but you have to let me finish this... Harry, Zayn, Liam, and Louis have become my brothers. If I lost them then my life would be over... If they were to get hurt because I wasn't there to protect them then I-... I would never be able to forgive myself. I need them just as much as they need me, I can't leave them..." He said with a cracking voice, I turned my gaze to the other boys and they all had a fresh layer of tears covering their faces, same as me. "I've already lost my parents Matt... I can't loose my brothers too..." I was shocked that Niall called Mr. S by his first name, "Please..." Niall begged, still kneeling in front of Matt, Mr.S looked at him with a conflicted expression before letting out a defeated sigh. "Alright, but you need to promise me that you will train them so that they could help you and Brianna when you need it! And promise me that you will be careful!" He said while dropping to his knees and grabbing Niall into a bone crushing hug which he immediately returned. "Niall, what are we going to tell the boys?" Brianna asked. The boys and I all stared at the screen and waited for a response.

Louis' POV

"The truth... Everything there is to know..." He replied, "Niall, are you sure about this?" Mark questioned, Niall didn't hesitate to answer his question. "Positive, if knowing the truth keeps them safe then I'm going to tell them everything. And if they want, we could just erase me from their lives, I can hide in the distance. It's their choice..." You could cut the tension in the air with a knife, that's how serious this all was. "Everyone go to bed except for Brianna and Niall, we're going to switch the boys and you into another room for the time being. We are going to wake them up and explain everything tomorrow morning, I want to change the schedule for tomorrow's training... Tomorrow we are going to discover of any of them have an advanced skill." Matt stated while standing up and patting the closest person to him, which happened to be Mark on the shoulder. Everyone filed out of the room and a thought hit me. "Guys! Pretend that we were sleeping! We don't want to know that we a were listening... Hurry!" Everyone basically tripped over echo the and into our rooms. I quickly changed into my pajama pants and didn't even bother with a t-shirt I jumped into bed and waited for Niall to come into the room. Soon enough I heard the door being unlocked and I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. "Louis?" Niall whispered, I didn't move, it would have been impossible to hear him if I was actually asleep. Niall slowly walked towards my bunk and knelt down in front of it. He then whispered something so quietly, it was almost inaudible. "I'm so sorry Louis... I really am." I didn't dare move. He then shook my shoulder ever so slightly, I groaned as if I had just woken up and sat up in bed. Niall's eyes were red and puffy from all the crying but I pretended not to notice. "Niall? What's going on?" I asked 'groggily.' He sighed and answered, "We are going to be transferred into a new room for now. So grab your stuff and be ready in five minutes." He said while patting my shoulder with a reassuring smile, as he walked out I couldn't help but think to myself. "Little does he know..." I climbed out of bed and did as I was told, the others were all waiting for me in the lounge. We reached our new room which was on the seventh floor, probably to make sure that nobody tries to climb in the window again, and we all returned to sleep for the night.

Zayn's POV

The next morning I woke up to my alarm clock, which was still set from the previous day, going off. I turned it off and quickly changed my cloths, and when I ran out of my room, I collided with Harry in the middle of the hall. "Ouch! Oh, Zayn! I was just coming to wake you up. Niall wants us all to meet him in the meeting rooms downstairs..." He said as I helped him off the ground, I nodded and followed him to the elevator where Liam and Louis were waiting for us. We finally made our way to the meeting room that Niall had told us to meet him in. I opened the door to reveal Brianna and Niall inside sitting at the long black table. Matt was standing against the wall, all heads shot up to our sudden appearance. "Boys, I'm glad you're here. We need to discuss something very very important with you. Please take a seat..." Matt said while gesturing to the long table, we all nodded and filed into the open seats at the table. "Boys, Niall and Brianna believe that you are mature enough to look at the situation from a strategical point of view. Please don't prove them wrong... I'm going to let you all talk about it. Just holler if you need me!" Matt shouted over his shoulder while leaving the room. It was silent for a few moments before Brianna spoke, "We know that you guys know everything already. We know that you bugged the lab last night and quite honestly we are both really proud of you guys." We all stared at them in shock, "How'd you know?!" Louis gaped. "The cameras are set to self destruct if something touches it while it is filming. So when a custodian was cleaning the lab this morning, he accidentally ran over it with a dust buster..." Bri stated while leaning back in her chair, I looked at the others in shock. "Boys... I don't know what to say except that I'm sorry... I'm sorry that you guys had to get mixed up in this. Now like you heard last night, there are two ways to go about all this... 1. We could continue your training here or w-...." Niall swallowed hard before finishing his sentence, "We could wipe me from your memory. I'll be erased from the media, none of the fans will remember me, and the four of you can continue your lives without me. And just forget about me, I'd be watching you from a distance but you won't have the slightest idea of who I am it would be like I was never there..."