Chapter 4

Louis's POV

Okay... Little scared now. "Louis, before I tell you you need to promise that you will try to understand." Niall said while Brianna and I helped him over to a chair, "I promise, what's going on here Niall? Why do you have a gun and how can you do all that stuff?!?!" I asked while sitting next to him. "Louis, I'm not who you think I am. I'm not the blonde kid from mullingar that played soccer his whole life........" Alright now I'm just confused. "I grew up in Dublin in a special facility. I've lived there my entire life and was trained as a secret agent since I was 5........" He said while looking me directly in the eyes, my mouth just hung open. "Brianna isn't Paul's niece, she's my old partner. She's the Brianna I told you about yesterday, I thought she was dead up until this morning." I couldn't even speak so I looked at Brianna and she simply nodded. "I was assigned to this case because the agency got a call from Simon, you are being hunted by a group of mobsters for some reason and I was assigned to protect you." He said while running his fingers through his hair, "So this whole time... You've been lying to us." I said while standing up and pacing in front of him, "NO! Well yes... But just about my past, I'm still the same Niall that you know. Lou it's killed me everyday since I joined the band that I couldn't tell my best friends about my past. That man knew who I was and wouldnt have hesitated to kill you, I was scared that you would get hurt so I kept it a secret..........." He said while his eyes welled up with tears, I looked at him and didn't see a ruthless mercenary... I just saw the same old Niall, my best friend. "Niall, I understand why you kept it a secret, really I do... And I forgive you on one condition..." I said with a grin, Niall looked at me with a confused expression. "What?" "You need to teach me some moves." Niall laughed, "Alright, it's a deal! Thank you Louis!" He said while standing up and hugging me. "Wow! Take it easy Niall, you hit your head pretty hard. I'll call Steve and have him pick them up." She said while signaling to the unconscious mobsters and putting Niall's arm over her shoulder so I did the same with his other arm. We returned to our rooms and I collapsed onto my bed, I fell asleep instantly.

Brianna's POV

The next day I sat next to Harry again on the way to the studio and when we arrived I pulled Niall to the side. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked remembering last night's "Adventure." He chuckled, "I'm fine. Just like the old days huh?" I laughed and playfully pushed his arm, "Yeah I guess so." Again Harry interrupted us, "Niall, Simon wants you to start recording now. Zayn, Liam, and I are going to get some coffee do you guys want some?" He asked while giving Niall such a dirty look, "No thanks, I'm good." I replied before following Niall to the booth where we met Louis at the breakfast bar. "Niall, you go ahead. I'll be there soon, Im just going to get some food." He nodded then entered the booth, "So Brianna, tell me about Baby Niall!" Louis chirped happily while we went into the recording room after we got our food. I sighed as we sat on the couch. "Niall's had a pretty tough life... His real parents died when he was four and he joined the agency when he was five..." I watched as Louis's expression turned from cheerful and excited to shocked and sad. "I never got the chance to meet Niall's folks, they died before I joined the agency. They were agents too..." I took a deep breth, "They died in a shoot out with some mobsters... Mr. Sanchez took Niall in.. Treated him like his own son. When I met Niall it was about two years after his parents died." Louis was now white as a ghost and his mouth hung open and he stuttered, "I-I never knew. He always seems so happy and carefree..." I wiped away my forming tears and looked up at Niall in the booth singing, I smiled. "That was his way of coping with it... I've never seen him happier than when he's singing or playing his gutair. He always said that it was his escape from the real world." I couldn't stop myself as the tears began to roll down my cheeks, "I went with Niall once to visit their graves, he cried and watching him cry was probably one of the hardest things I ever had to watch. He swore that he would find the guys that killed them... He swore it his whole life." I was now crying and Louis hugged me trying to make me feel better, "Im going to go to the bathroom real quick. Just to clean myself up." I said while standing up, Lou nodded and moved so I could pass by him.

Harry's POV

I was at the coffee shop with Zayn and Liam and I really wanted to know their opinion about something, "What do you guys think about Brianna?" Liam looked at me, "She seems nice enough, she's cute, seems smart, kinda shy with everyone but you and Niall... She seems pretty good to me." He said while moving up a space in line, "What about you Zayn?" "She's alright, I think Harold is in Love!" He mocked while making a kissy face, I blushed "Maybe I am... Do you think I have a chance?" Liam patted my shoulder, "I'd think so buddy, I say go for it!" I smiled and thought about it, 'Maybe I have a chance!' We returned to the studio and Louis just started recording and Niall and Brianna were sitting on the black leather couch behind the recording desk. The day went on as usual except Niall and I kept our distance until he pulled me aside, "Harry look, this is nonsense. I'm sorry I stormed out of the room like that last night... I didn't get much sleep and I was just aggravated. I'm sorry I snapped at you and I hope you understand that Brianna and I are just friends, I don't have any 'feelings' for her..." He said, I sighed "Im sorry too. I was just jealous of how much time you two were spending together. I know that now.." He smiled and pulled me into a hug I hugged him back and we then returned to the sound booth. The day came to an end and we returned to the hotel, I decided that tonight I would ask Brianna out on a date. I went to my room and changed into some nicer cloths before I went to her room across the hall, when she answered the door she was wearing shorts and a loose T-shirt, "Oh! Harry, uh... Hey." She said while fixing her hair, "Hi Brianna! Um, I wanted to ask you something..." She looked at me confused before joining me in the hallway, "Sure, what can I do for ya?" I cleared my throat and looked at the ground, "I was wondering if sometime... If you weren't busy if you would uh... Like to go on a date?" I stuttered nervously. She looked at me first shocked then her expression turned sad. "Oh Harry... You are so so so sweet... And I'm so sorry but I can't..." She said looking me in the eyes. Those words were like a punch in the gut. "It's not you Harry... Any girl would be lucky to date you, just not me." I disappointedly asked "W-why?" She sighed and leaned against the wall, "I can't tell you... I wish I could but I can't. But I hope we could still be friends?" She said sadly, I simply nodded and she gave me a sad grin before returning to her room and closing the door behind her. She didn't need to tell me why... I already knew............