Chapter 2

Niall's POV

I went to my room, slumped down onto the bed, and kicked off my shoes. I took out my agency tag and sighed, "Oh Brianna......" But I was interrupted by Louis walking into the room, "Hey Niall, you okay?" I stuffed the tag back into my pocket, "Oh! Uh, yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I said taking off my sweatshirt. "When Harry mentioned Brianna's name," I cringed, "you've been acting strange. I mean stranger than usual...Do you want to tell me about it?" I chuckled and turned to face him, "When I was younger I had a friend named Brianna... She was like my sister.." I shuttered, "What happened?" Lou asked while sitting next to me and gripping my shoulder, "She went out on a uh..... Trip, and she never came back. She went missing while we were doing the X-Factor and they just told me that she is most likely dead......." I felt my eyes welling up with tears but I quickly pushed them back again. Growing up in an agency you learn to control your emotions pretty well, I looked back up at Louis and he was shocked. "I never knew that. Are you alright?" I sighed "Yeah I'm fine. Don't tell the others about this because I don't want them to worry about it." "Yeah, sure mate. If you need to you can talk to me about it." I smiled, "Thanks Lou." He smiled and left the room, I took my tag out of my pocket and looked at the small B carved into it, Brianna did that when we were 15 so she would always be with me. I fell asleep with the tag in my hand but I kept having nightmares, I imagined that I was back at the facility but it was empty. I heard voices saying "You should have been there." "You could have saved her." "Your the reason she's dead!" And I kept waking up in a cold sweat, I looked at the clock 3am. I just stayed awake all night to avoid the dreams.

Zayn's POV

We woke up but we didn't see Niall so Harry and I went into his room to wake him up but it was empty. We found a note on his pillow and it read, "Couldn't sleep. I went to get some coffee and I'll meet you guys at the studio. ~Niall" Harry looked at me puzzled, "It's 6 am. If he got home late and he woke up early, how much sleep did he actually get?" I thought about it and realized that he was right. "I don't know. We'll talk to him when we get to the studio, lets go meet the others." I said while stuffing the note into my pocket and walking out the door. We met up with the others in the hallway, "Where's Nandos?" Louis asked. "He already left. He said to meet him at the studio." Harry said while walking over to Brianna, man this kid acts fast! "Oh, uh okay. Lets go." Liam said while turning on his heels and walking towards the elevator, we all followed close behind and stopped out front to wait for the van. "Look at him. He's really into this girl huh?" Liam said while sitting next to me and gesturing to Harry who was trying to make small talk with Brianna. "Yeah, I guess so. She seems like a nice girl, she's so quiet though." I replied and soon the black SUV pulled up and we all climbed in. Paul was in the passenger seat, Harry and Brianna were in the second row, and the rest of us were in the back. The studio is about a 20 minute drive so I figured I could catch some sleep on the way.

Harry's POV

"So Brianna, since you are going to be with us for a while why don't you tell me about yourself." She was a little tense at first but she turned to me and asked, "Um, what do you want to know?" "Tell me about your family." I figured we needed to start somewhere, "Um, I live with my dad but my mom........ She died in a car accident when I was 9. My dad and Paul are really close friends so we aren't really related." She was while playing with her hair, "Oh, I'm so sorry." It was kinda awkward for a little but she broke the silence, "What about you? What's it like being a superstar heartthrob that every girl wants to meet?" She asked while turning so she was facing me better, "It's a blast! It can get kinda lonely though. Even with the boys around you can never tell who your real friends are. The fans are great but they all we me as Harry Styles, the kid with the weird obsession with cats." She laughed, "Um, obsession with cats?" I smirked, "Long story, it's good to have someone else to talk to about life other than the boys." She smiled, "Yeah, it is." We sat there staring at each other until we were interrupted by the sound of snoring and laughing in the back row, we turned around to see Zayn knocked out cold with Liam and Louis drawing on his face. We all laughed and used Zayn's face as a canvas for the remainder of the ride. And when we pulled up Zayn chased us into into the studio angrily then made a beeline for the bathroom to wash the marker off his face, Brianna laughed at Zayn and then asked. "So where's 'Nandos'?" Liam responded "That's a good question......."

Brianna's POV

I always had my gun on me and I cautiously looked around the studio searching for any signs of danger but my search was interrupted by Harry, "Brianna, we're heading to the sound booth. Follow us." I followed him and we walked into a slightly darker room filled with instruments and microphones and sitting at the desk was a man with black hair and shades. I gripped my gun but then released it when the boys addressed the man which means that they must know him. I learned that his name was Simon Cowell and that he was the head of the record company, "Morning boys. Before we start I want to talk to you boys about Niall's strange behavior this morning." I stopped short, did he just say Niall? "Yeah, he left earlier this morning and he didn't sleep much last night. I kept hearing him waking up and breathing heavily." Said Liam. "Boys, he arrived here at 4:30 and fell asleep in the booth while we were recording his vocals for C'mon. He nearly got a concussion from when he hit the floor." The boys were all shocked and nervous for their friend. "I had security bring him into the lounge to sleep it off so I want you all to watch out for him... He really didn't look good this morning and I'm getting a little worried." Simon said, the boys agreed. "Well I guess I'll go wake him up." Zayn said. "No, you guys start recording. I'll go wake him." I offered, "Thank You sweetie. The lounge is down the left." Simon said. (I guess Paul told him about me.) I rushed out of the booth and down to the Rec. room and I opened the door to find a boy asleep on the couch. He had blonde hair, that I could barely see under his SnapBack, and he was wearing sweats. My Niall had brown hair though... I walked closer and kneeled in front of the sleeping boy, it looked like Niall but I couldn't be sure, until I saw a chain in his hand. I took a closer look and sure enough it was an agency tag with the number Mr. Sanchez told me and a small B carved into it. I began to silently cry and looked back up at his face................ Niall is alive. My brother is alive!