Chapter 9: Welcome To The Hood Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Everything, anything. Whatever you wanna tell me."

"Well. . . . My name is Kyra Marie Ford. I'm 17, about to be 18 in exactly one month, and I'm a senior at Withrow High School. I don't have any siblings and It's just me and my dad now. . . . my mom passed away."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Mine did too." he said. I looked up at him. He held a pensive look as he stared into my eyes and I momentarily got lost in his pretty green ones. I knew I had seen the exact same color eyes before but I just didn't know where. Anyways, I broke my gaze and continued.

"Um, I like to sing and dance, but my first love is fashion. I dream to be a huge fashion designer some day and have the feircest celebrities rockin my shit. I'd love to design somethin for Beyonce'." I said. He smiled at me.

"You sound cute when you cuss. It's so outta yo character." he said. For some reason I blushed at his words and found it hard to continue talkin. Like I had said before, RJ was extremely intimidating to me. I don't know what it was about him but he just gave off this regal energy. Maybe it was the way he talked, or the way he walked, or even just his overall swagg. His presence was just commanding. But also, he made me feel excited just by being around him. I had never experienced that before and I liked it.

"What's wrong? Why you get so quiet?" he asked me. I just shrugged it off and smiled at him.

"Well, my name is RJ-"

"Full name. I told you mine, so you have to tell me yours." I interjected. He gave me a look.

"You gotta promise not to freak out." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would I freak out?"

"Cuz. . . . my peoples is kinda. . . notorious." he said. I was even more confused but didn't want to make him feel like he couldn't tell me so I just promised I wouldn't freak out.

"I promise." I said then waited for him to tell me.

"My full name is Roman Gotti jr., but everybody just call me RJ." he said. It took me a second to process what he said then I looked at him in utter shock. I stood up as I realized who he was related to.

"OH. MY. GOD."

"Kyra, you promised you wasn't  'gon freak out." he said. I scoffed.

"That's before I knew you were the son of the biggest Drug Kingpin on this side of the country!!! And wait. . . . .  Oh my God! You're Nicole's brother!!!!" I yelled. He took a drag off the blunt and stood up.

"Unfortunately, everything you just said is true, but why are you makin such a big deal out of this?" he asked.

"Are you kidding me?! Roman Gotti is your father! And wait. . . didn't you say you worked for him?! Oh my gosh, you're a drug dealer, aren't you?!?!?!?!" I was baffled. I couldn't believe I had been spending time with the son of the most feared man in the city. Let alone, in his home. And to top it all off, he was a freakin drug dealer! I'm sorry but hanging out with srug dealers was not something I ever wanted to do. But then I began to feel angry. . . because he was related to the bitch who I had just witnessed grinding her private parts all over my boyfriend. Body filled with rage and anger, I began hitting him just for the simple fact that he was related to her and because I didn't get to whoop her ass before.

"What the fuck?! Stop hittin me!" he said, blocking my blows. I ignored him, continuing to punch the shit out of him.

"Kyra, I swear to God if you don't stop hittin me, I'm 'gon knock you on yo ass and I'm not playin. I hit females." he said. I stopped hitting him, just for the simple fact that he seemed like the type of person to back up his threats, but I still was pissed.