Chapter 9: Welcome To The Hood Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Alright, okay. I understand. I won't push. Call me tonight. Love you, sis."

"Love you too." I said before I hung up the phone. My eyes were still glued to RJ and the metal box with the money in it. He had placed half the wad of cash inside and stuck the rest in his pocket. He locked the box and placed it back on the corner shelf. He turned around and instantly met eyes with me.

"What?" he asked. I shook my head no and held up my hands.

"I'm not even gonna ask." I said. He smirked again.

"Good. It ain't none of yo business anyway." he said before he sat back down on his bed in front of me and proceeded to take off his shoes. I arched my eyebrow at him. This boy had some attitude. He also had the biggest feet! His shoes  looked like they at least had to be a size 15. I giggled as I thought about how he must have to get his shoes specially ordered. I don't think they put size 15's in a regular shoe store. He looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" he asked again.

"Nothin. . . . I was just wonderin if you and Bozo The Clown shop in the same shoe store." I said and chuckled to myself. He rolled his eyes and went back to takin off his shoes.

"I guess. It's better than bein president of the Itty Bitty Titty Commitee." he said. My mouth hit the floor and I stared at him in shock. He looked up at me and chuckled at my facial expression.

"What? Don't dish it out if you can't take it." he said before he stood up and took his shoes into the closet. He came out of the closet with a smirk on his face and I just shook my head.

"So what are you suppose to be showing me?" I said.

"What? What you talkin bout?" he asked, a confused expression plastered onto his face.

"You said you was 'gon show me a way to get rid of the pain I felt besides cryin. I'm ready. Show me." I said. I really needed for him to show me somethin and quick cuz I felt the tears begin to prick my eyes again. I just really couldn't believe what I saw. I think what made it the worst though is the fact that Dre flat out lied to me. I asked him did he have any connection with her and he said no. If he would have told me the truth, I probably wouldn't even be this upset. But he didn't. . . and I am.

"Oh! Actually, that's what the kush was for but, you don't smoke so. . . you kinda outta luck." he said as he walked toward the coffee table and picked up the bag of weed. My mouth hung open again. I was basically here for no reason then. I mean, the only reason I even came was because of his promise. I just stared at him, salty. He sat down in front of me and opened the bag, sniffin it's contents. He smiled and shook his head.

"This some good shit too. That loud mixed wit Cali Kush." he said. He reached his hand inside and I watched as he picked up a piece of the nasty looking plant and ground it up with his fingers. I could smell the loud aroma of weed fill the room and wrinkled up my face. Weed has a sweet smell to it but for someone who isn't used to it, it sickening. And for me, that was the case. I'm never around it so I was begining to get nauseous.

"That stuff stinks." I commented. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Stink? Girl, you out yo damn mind. This shit is RIGHT. Can you do me a favor and get me some rollin papers out of the drawer over there?" he said. I rolled my eyes and stood up, walking to one of his dressers. I opened the drawer he pointed at and it was full of various kinds of rolling papers. I mean there was just boxes and boxes of different kinds. I looked back at him with a shocked face.

"You mind tellin me which kind you want? You got a whole smorgasbord!" I said. He looked up at me from playin with the weed in the bag and shrugged.