Chapter eighteen: why are you pretending like you don't know me?

Baekhyun

"...we have to part ways", Chanyeol's cracking voice continued. Baekhyun thought he'd pass out. Did he just say that? Did he mean that?

"B-But we can't," Baekhyun whimpered, not believing what was happening right now, "are you telling me your father is forcing us to break up?"

Baekhyun didn't want Chanyeol to answer. He didn't want to hear the truth, as he already knew it before asking. "Yes." 

The pain Baekhyun felt was overwhelming; it was a new feeling he definitely hadn't felt before. It wasn't like getting hit by his classmates, or by harsh words about him not being good enough as a friend. This was way worse. The fact he knew the one he loved with all of his heart had to leave him. It made Baekhyun wonder if he was the only one who really loved him. The younger felt confused, if his parents opposed their relationship, he'd do anything to make them accept it, not abandon Chanyeol like he was abandoning him now.

"You...you're just going to listen to your father, just like that?" he asked with his voice breaking in the middle of the sentence. He was almost choking on his own tears that had already found their way down his cheeks and chin.

Chanyeol stayed quiet, still crying silently. Baekhyun couldn't take on the sight. "So you're just going to abandon me?!" he yelled whilst standing up angrily. "Aren't you going to tell me that we have to stay strong together?" He was furiously walking around, hoping Chanyeol would try and calm him down, but he only sat quietly on the sofa. "Why aren't you saying anything? Why aren't you defending yourself?" he cried. "Why aren't you trying to save our relationship?"

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol whispered, barely audible, "please, stop." 

"Why?" he snapped. "Can't I say my part? Can't I express my feelings, my thoughts? Can't I tell you that I absolutely hate the thought of having to separate with you?" Baekhyun fell down on his knees as they gave away the strength to support his sudden heavy body. His head dropped down along with the tears that hit the floor. "Why do you give up on us so quickly?" He was crying harder. He couldn't believe it. Why did he have to fall for the giant?

Baekhyun suddenly woke up from his nightmare; it was definitely not something he wanted to remember now. He didn't want to be reminded of the most painful experience in his life again.

As the boy got out of bed to fix himself to his first day at work, he noticed his pillow was all wet. Shrugging with a sigh, he grabbed the pillow to put it in the washer and replaced it with another.

Baekhyun was secured the job as they had called in the evening yesterday about the job was given to him. As it was his dream to work there and finally be able to fulfil his dream by being a doctor, he was overly happy. Although he was still happy and excited, the dream still pulled his spirit down, and the fact that he was probably going to see the man that was responsible for his nightmares as well.

When the young smart boy arrived by his new car he had gotten after graduating (with some help of previous part-time jobs and his parents), which he highly fancied. "You'll be resting here until I get back from my first day Dumbo," he whispered to his car, slightly smiling. Typically, Baekhyun couldn't help but to give his car (especially since it's his first one as well) a name where he wanted to call it Dumbo, as it was his favourite childhood movie, and the name always made him smile.

As soon as Baekhyun stepped inside the building, he was met with another man, who was a professional doctor. "Hello, you must be Byun Baekhyun, right?" he asked with a smile.

"Yes, I am," he answered.

"Nice to meet you," he said as he held out his hand, "my name is Wu Yifan and I'm responsible to lead you together to show you how things work around."