Chapter seven: going bowling

* Hello, now they're finally on their first "date" ;) Read to find out how it goes .xx *

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Baekhyun

This was the first time Baekhyun actually wanted to play. When he was there last time with Jongdae and other kids from his school, he didn't want to play at all. He didn't want to do anything, actually, but now he was having a good time. He was enjoying himself. Maybe too much.

Baekhyun recognised Chanyeol's way of playing. His last visit in the bowling hall, he remembered he had watched some stranger guy play because he was so good, and it fascinating to look at him. That stranger guy was Chanyeol.

"Can't take your eyes off me?" he teased as he broke Baekhyun's trance.

He blushed, but quickly looked away. "Why would I look at you?" he muttered stupidly.

Chanyeol chuckled. "Because I'm gorgeous?" he smirked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but he neither agreed nor protested. It didn't mean that he didn't agree with him mentally though. There was no way for Baekhyun to disagree. Because he was gorgeous. And there was no way that Baekhyun would lie about that. He was a bad liar anyways.

"Want to take a drink?" Chanyeol asked after they had finished their last round, and then suddenly he stopped himself. "Wait, you're still a kid, I forgot," he smirked.

Baekhyun glared at him. "I'm older than you think! I'm old enough to take a drink on my own," he murmured, earning another smirk from Chanyeol.

"But you still have school tomorrow. Don't want to disturb your studies?"

Baekhyun thought for a second. No matter how much he wanted to take a drink with Chanyeol, he shouldn't. He did have school tomorrow, and he shouldn't take a drink. Even if he wanted to. Really badly.

"You can take one though," he muttered, feeling defeated.

Chanyeol frowned. "The hell I will." They both sat down at the bar, but it was only Chanyeol who ordered.

The bartender eyed Baekhyun. Baekhyun eyed back.

"What's wrong with you?" Chanyeol asked with a frown.

Baekhyun frowned back. "Do you have any idea how much I hate that? Everyone thinks I'm underage for every possible thing," he mumbled.

"No, how would I?" Chanyeol asked whilst raising an eyebrow. Baekhyun sighed; it was no way Chanyeol would know that. Today was only their second meeting, and possibly their first d- Wait, no! No date. Baekhyun wasn't dating anyone, especially that old bastard! "Are you done arguing with yourself?" Chanyeol asked bored whilst drinking his drink. Baekhyun stared at him with wide eyes, but he didn't say anything.

Baekhyun was tired of Chanyeol teasing him. If it were going to be like that every time they'd meet, then Baekhyun would just forget about it. He didn't need to be with someone elder, and then he'd tease him about how young, or at least younger than he was himself. Baekhyun was tired of being treated like that. 

"Whoa," Chanyeol gasped. Baekhyun turned to him right away. "I didn't realise it was this late already," he said as he pointed towards his watch on his arm. It showed ten o'clock in the afternoon. Baekhyun only rolled his eyes in response. "You need to go back to school young man, and then go to bed."

Baekhyun sighed to himself. Was this how it was going to be with Chanyeol? If so, then he didn't want to do this anymore.

Chanyeol

Chanyeol was obviously enjoying himself. It was fun to tease Baekhyun. Teasing wasn't something he did all the time. He didn't want to tease his colleagues. It didn't bring any joy to him, and neither did it to them, so what was the point?

But with Baekhyun it was different. Chanyeol did enjoy himself. He thought it was funny, especially Baekhyun's reactions. He'd roll his eyes, obviously annoyed, which was Chanyeol's goal, or he'd blush; and Chanyeol would find it strangely cute. But not cute as in cute. Only cute.

When the clock showed 10:30, and the bowling hall closed, they stood outside. Chanyeol argued in his head to follow Baekhyun to the train, but he decided not to; he didn't want to give the kid any false hopes.

"Be sure to brush your teeth, alright? And go to bed straight away," Chanyeol said sternly, but still teasing. Baekhyun didn't respond. "All right, good night Baekhyun. See you soon." Baekhyun still didn't reply. "Baekhyun?"

The young boy ignored the elder, turning around and started to march away. Chanyeol was caught off guard, but he quickly stepped in front of Baekhyun, preventing him to go any further. Baekhyun, however, only went around him, and Chanyeol had no choice than to grab his arm. That caught his attention.

"Let go!" he snarled. Chanyeol flinched, but he still didn't let go. "Chanyeol... I said let go."

The tall man shook his head. "Why are you like this?" he asked.

"Like what? A baby, is that what you mean?" Baekhyun hissed, cracking his voice a bit. Chanyeol didn't notice until now that Baekhyun's eyes were wet, but nothing fell down. Was he hurt?

"No, I mean, why are you angry with me?" Chanyeol asked calmly, softening his grip of Baekhyun's arm. He had stopped protesting, and stood still like his feet were nailed onto the ground, and he said nothing. "Baekhyun," Chanyeol tried again, "why are you angry with me?"

"Because of your fucking teasing!" he yelled, now a tear fell down his cheek. Chanyeol stared at him with surprised eyes. That was the first time Chanyeol had heard Baekhyun swear. "I'm so sick and tired of your teasing Chanyeol! It's bad enough be younger than you, but is it really necessary to tease me all the fucking time? Do you know how much I hear that?" Baekhyun had forced his arm free, but he still stood still, and he was staring down at the ground. "You know what? Forget it. Let's pretend like we never met each other," he finished in a mutter and started to walk away again.

What was Chanyeol supposed to do? He didn't mean to be such a bully. He didn't even know that he was. He didn't want to hurt Baekhyun, even though he shouldn't care; but he still did. Did he want to let Baekhyun go? He could just let him continue to go by himself and they'd forget about each other. Wouldn't that be easy?

No, Chanyeol thought. That wouldn't be easy. Even though they barely knew each other, Chanyeol felt regret. He didn't want to lose that kid. He admitted that he firstly agreed going on this 'date' was only for entertainment only, and to tease the kid, but then it became something else. Something the arrogant Chanyeol didn't want to admit.

Before it was too late, Chanyeol bolted after Baekhyun before he could cross the road and over to the train station, he grabbed him from behind - or in other words, a back-hug (something Chanyeol definitely didn't want to admit).

"Wha-" Before Baekhyun could question him whilst he tried to turn around, Chanyeol stopped him.

"I'm sorry Baekhyun. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry," he repeated himself. Baekhyun was silent, so Chanyeol kept going. "I was stupid. I didn't think of your feelings, and at first I pretended like I didn't care... But when you said what you said, I realised I didn't want you to go."

Baekhyun still didn't say anything. Chanyeol thought it felt like holding a lifeless boxing pillow. Then the boy moved a little, enough to turn around and face the taller guy. Chanyeol noticed how close they were. He thought of taking a step back, but then he changed his mind. He didn't want to take a step back.

"Say something Baekhyun," he begged.

"I got to go," he muttered, and then slipped out of Chanyeol's grip. He didn't realise how desperate he was to make the boy forgive him. Why did he want to see him again? Why did he want his forgiveness? Why did he feel like something precious had been stolen from him if he just walked away?

"Baekhyun..." he breathed out.

He stared at smaller one as he was walking, but then he suddenly stopped and turned his head around to look at Chanyeol. "See you later."

Chanyeol felt too happy to hide his happiness, and he couldn't stop smiling. How come such a brat, have such a big effect on him?