26: Not the Time to play Hero

Start from the beginning

She stares at me with enraged eyes and the reflect the bitterness of her soul. I struggle to get out of her grasp but she holds me steady. Rowena glares coldly and I can feel a shiver coming on. Eyes that would probably see me dumped in ocean to never be found again!

She snorts in amusement and lets me go with a smirk.

"Very impressive, Kiddo, but you'll have to do better than that." She clicks her fingers and floats back onto the roof, getting comfortable and watching us from down below. What the hell is she planning?

"Kid... over there." Patty says. I look in the direction that's meant to be 'over there' and nearly choke on air. A Kishin egg. Letting out a low, monstrous grow deep enough to shake the ground.

"That can't be good..." Liz mumbles.

"Kid, I want to introduce you to a very good friend of mine." Rowena smiles. "You two ought to be better acquainted. After all, you two both have a connection to someone very special."

I glare up at her. "What do you mean?!"

"Kid, meet Hannah's murderer."

"WHAT?!"

"One little tiny detail I forgot to mention," she giggles, "I led the attack that night your precious Hannah was killed. Funny how the past always comes back to haunt you, am I right?"

I grit my teeth and clench my fists tightly around the pistols. What did she say?! NO! SHE DIES NOW!

I go to aim at her once more. I'm face to face with Hannah's killer. Now I can end this and-

"KID LOOK OUT!" Liz yells, but her warning was too late! The Kishin smacks my body with crazy strength and the force lifts me up off of the ground sending me flying into the far fence. 

"Nnng...oww..." I grunt rubbing my back. "One thing's for sure... Ugh... That didn't tickle." 

That's when I realise. Patty and Liz are no longer in my hands. They slipped out during the short flight! If I don't get them soon, I may as well make a reservation for the grave! 

They lay a few meters away, and as soon as I go to reach them, I'm kicked back and pressed against the barred fence, with this...things unsanitised hand pressed firmly against my chest. A hungry look dances in the beasts eyes. Inhuman eyes. Eyes with the desire to kill. The Kishin raises it's hand that holds razor sharp talons, ready to strike!

"Really? Up close combat?" I sigh, giving off a bored vibe. "Very well."

I kick the Kishin off of me with my two feet pressed together. Once he was off I don't once hesitate to to give this thing hell! One hit after the other! I need to get back to my weapons, but if I move away now, that will give this monstrosity time to strike at em! This thing is fast, it has skill, but not enough to take me down! I won't lose to this freak of nature!

The Kishin stumbles back before lunging for my legs. I jump making it narrowly miss me and I pull off a 360 kick to its face.

"Hurry up and come get me and Patty!" Liz shouts from where the two pistols lay still on the ground. I punch the Kishin's left side of his its face which had a piercing sticking out of it. It's not on the other side. What a disgrace!

"Are you kidding me?!" I shout back, evading a swipe for my feet. "If I turn around now he'll rip me to pieces! I for one don't want to grated and sprinkled on a pizza!"

I swing my fist at the thing before me once more, but my fist stops halfway. The Kishin grips onto my wrist and I can feel its vice like hold cutting off my circulation! I wriggle about trying to free myself, but it's no use! When I try and bring my other hand to help, the Kishin grabs that too and twists my two arms across one another, bending them in a way that causes a stretching pain to spread in my arms. The force and pressure its using could be enough to snap them!