26: Not the Time to play Hero

Start bij het begin

The only thought in my mind right now is to repay Sam and Connor for everything they've done. I need to stop her now, or die trying.

I pull both triggers, hearing the bang of the guns going off and the sound of it hitting the target. Once wasn't enough, I need more power! I then begin pulling the triggers going off like a maniac! Firing vigorously as if enough is never enough! Dust and dirt rises up from the ground creating a cloud, almost impossible to see through. I don't care where I'm shooting, as long as Rowena doesn't come out and is down.

"HOW DARE YOU IMPERSONATE SOMEONE SO DEAR TO ME!" I snarl whilst firing. I can't help it, I feel as if something needed to be shouted in the spur of the moment. 

I shout more things, insults, profanities, I didn't realise how pissed I really was about the impersonation of Hannah until now.

I cease fire and step out of the doorway, shutting the front door behind me and walking out onto the doorstep. 

"I won't let the likes of you ruin this world, Rowena. I won't let you hurt my friends." I growl at the cloud of dust. Once it disperses into thin air, I then realise that I have shot nothing. She's not there, gone. Disappeared.

"What the...?" Liz mumbles. I was thinking the same thing. Where is she? She couldn't have dodged any of that, could she? All that is here is shattered pieces of concrete. I'll have to fix that later.

"The like of me? Honey, you're forgetting that one of your friends are part of my kind too." 

I turn on my heel quickly to face up at the roof. There sitting on the edge of the gutter is Rowena, finally giving up the charade. The familiar purple dress, the black hair in a braid, and a very sinister smile on her face. I could only think to scoff at it.

"She may be part of your kind, but she's nothing like you!" I spat. "You lied, Rowena. She's not your daughter, and she wouldn't do anything to harm the world!"

Rowena shrugs and leans against the roof tiles, raising one leg to cross it over the other.

"Well what do you expect?" She giggles. " I am a witch after all." Rowena sat back up and rests her head on top of her hands. "And I'll do whatever means necessary to get what I want."

She licks her lips and smiles hungrily at me. I wish I could just arrest her for sexual harassment. No matter, killing her will be much more fun.

"You're not getting anything, Rowena!" I shout and begin firing from where I stand straight at her, but she's too quick! She jumps up as if she anticipated my move before I made it! I aim as carefully as I can, but she still manages to evade every single bullet. She runs across the very edge with ease! Most would slip, but she's as agile as a bird, gliding along the gutters as if it were a meter long path!

"Try as you will, but you'll never hit me!" She laughs and skips along the tiles and gutter, spinning around and ducking and jumping, almost like it's a dance. She smirks down at me, and I couldn't help but smirk back at her causing Rowena to raise an eyebrow.

With no time to waste, I aim one pistol just in front of her and the other behind before shooting both vigorously and moving so they meet in the middle.

The bullets hit their target multiple times as I continue on pulling the triggers. She flinches and winces as smoke rises from her skin like a wild fire. She hisses before jumping off of the roof and landing close by my side.

"Whah?!" I stumble backwards at the close proximity. She marches close to me like a bull seeing red! I back away but she reaches up and squishes my cheeks bringing my face forward.