Chapter 1

⚠️ CAUTION ⛔️

DO NOT COPY MY BOOK. JUST DONT. I HAVE WORKED MY ASS OFF.

Be human enough. And think before you take someone's months of work and creativity and use it with different names or places for views. It's not fair and I don't take it lightly. I am bitch when I am forced to be! If I do come across such copy infringements I will take the necessary actions.

Take inspiration and write your own book!
****************

Ring,Ring,Ring

"Hello,Dr Sharia speaking." I cradled my newly purchased phone between my cheeks and shoulder.

" Dr, there is an emergency. Major cardiac arrest. 90% blockage. 16mins brought in to be precise. You are expected here soon."

A surgery and I am expected as an intern. Why would I be expected when I had just completed my 6 months of internship. It is supposed to be Dr Wells who has to handle this because of its severity.

And this was the first time I was supposedly going to be operating. How will I do that. This was major. There has to be something wrong.

"Actually,I think there has to be some kind of mistake here. I have completed my internship lately and I am supposed to be working under guidance till the Dean signs me off. So this must be some misconnection. I suggest you to contact Mr wells immediately." I was about to disconnect knowing this was my week off today so I won't be on duty.

"No, Dr Sharia. I was to inform you that we have connected to Mr wells who is currently in Moscow city. And he is who has recommended you to carry this.
Dr, we are starting the procedure. Thank You"

What the hell was that!!?. How am i supposed to operate some really critical patient with basically no hand in practical knowledge.
Well I have been in that theatre many a times but as an intern not a certified doctor.

But there was some patient fighting for his life and whatever this mistake was. Right now was not the time to think instead it was better to put every ounce of knowledge before letting another soul leave because of some manual mistake.

I did the best thing to do and that was to call my dad all the while collecting my coat and keys.

Living near 3 blocks away from the hospital was a good leverage for a doctors profession. It would hardly take some minutes to reach there.

After few rings the call was answered. There were shuffling voices coming from other side before the voice came.

"Hello, baby girl. What made you remember your old man?" I could picture him smiling while cleaning some mechanical parts in his garage.

My father,Abu bakr was the owner of the middle town garage. He was not rich by any chance but he did well for all of his kids. And I was the apple of his eye. The only daughter in his sons. I left our town to move in the city to complete my degree and since living without my family,visiting them as often as possible.

"Abbu, I think I can't do it. You know I can't believe Dr wells could do this with me. I mean,by this morning I thought he didn't even knew my name and now this!!. What was he thinking?? I think I am hyperventilating.Am I ranting abbu?? Never mind, I think I will faint and that's ironic considering I am a doctor." I stopped rambling when I realised there was laughing sound coming other side.

"Abbu, why are you laughing??" I thought he would help me calm down.

"Sorry my little baby. But I don't even know the problem right now and you can't stop rambling. Now common tell me what it is?" After which I huffed and told him my entire situation.

"Oh, I see. Now tell me Sharia why did you always wanted to be a doctor." I pursed my lips thinking of the same reason I opted for a doctors profession.

" To help people." I said while parking my car and leaving the parking lot hurrying towards the gate of the hospital.

I reached in record time within 5 minutes. "Exactly Sharia,Allah has given us the power to fight for someone's life when he wants us to believe in him more. He has given you the ability to spread happiness to people who have lost hope for the longest period of time. All I want you to do is put everything into this. Save this life and pray to Allah. He will help you because I don't think you have the time to contact Mr wells now and solve this miscommunication."
I pushed open the sliding doors coming face to lot number of people around with anxious looks on their faces.

"I gotta go abbu. Call you later. Allah Hafiz." With that I switched off my phone and kept it in my bag looking around and wondering how in the world are this people even allowed to stand at a restricted place. This was a first timer for me.

I pushed my way around to reach the nurse standing there with a pad in her hand without any of the worrying people noticing me.
"Dr Sharia, we can start the surgery now. Two interns are also joining this procedure. They are here now. And sorry about the commotion here Dr. We are trying our best to handle this."
I wanted to ask her so badly that why not someone like Dr wells was handling the operation but she ushered me inside and well the answer could wait.

After all there was a life fighting in for survival.

************************
Abbu- a word used for father.

Allah hafiz- It means that may allah take care of ur wellbeing.