I made another face of pure annoyance and waited for him to quit rambling at me about the rules before he finally left me alone. The front door was too far away for me to hear if they'd left the house yet or not, but I just assumed they had when another ten minutes went by of me sprawling across the couch. I actually didn't care that the stupid piece of furniture cost my parents a few grand. I wanted to be able to lie down on something that wasn't my own bed.

When I finally stood up, I went over and closed the windows. The sun had set completely right before my parents left for whatever it was they had going on, and it was almost seven p.m. by the time I started to wander my way through the halls of the house. I went to the kitchen first, but just as I got to the spacious, brightly lit room, the doorbell went off.

I adopted a face of bemusement as I made the rest of the way through the house and into the foyer. I hadn't invited anybody over, so I had no clue who was here. It could have been anybody, though. I pulled back the heavy, dark-brown wooden door and nearly lost my eyebrows in my hairline.

"Dante," I breathed in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd come over to surprise you," the gorgeous boy said with an amused smile. "Just because you don't want to party, doesn't mean I didn't want to hang out with you."

"Oh," I said dumbly, still a little dazed.

"You gonna invite me in or do I have to stay out here all night?" he asked with a hint of playfulness in his tone.

I jumped as if I'd just been electrocuted and stepped back. "Right, duh. I'm so stupid sometimes." I waved him in and watched him as he walked past me. "Sorry. I just wasn't expecting you."

Dante shrugged. "Kind of the point. That's why it's called a surprise, numb-nuts."

I scowled. "Shut up."

Dante laughed and looked around before starting to walk. I followed him down a hall and then into the kitchen where he went up to the giant, square island that dominated the room. The room smelled like cinnamon and I took a deep breath as I raked my eyes over the other boy. He ran a long-fingered hand over the white and grey marble countertop before he spun around and leaned his back against the edge.

"Shit, it feels like forever since I've been here," the blue-eyed boy muttered. He locked gazes with me.

"It was like a month ago," I said, remembering the day.

Dante nodded. He glanced at the floor, scanning over the goldish colour. I watched the muscles in his hands strain as he gripped at the lip of the counter on either side of his body.

"Your mom still freaking out about that chip we put in the tile?" he asked with a smirk.

The last time he'd been here, we had gotten just a little bit too carried away with a heavy make-out session. When he'd picked me up to put me on top of the island, he hadn't been exactly careful, and we'd ended up knocking over some of the chairs that surrounded it. One of them carved out a decent, quarter sized chip in a tile that had my mother nearly blowing a gasket over when she saw it.

"As if she'd ever forget," I scoffed. I raised the pitch of my voice so I could mimic her. "Harley Brandon Sinclair, how could you be so careless and clumsy? That tile alone cost over a hundred dollars, yada yada yada." I went back to my normal voice, watching as Dante chuckled and then smiled. "That woman drives me nuts. All she cares about is the money and how nice everything looks. I swear I'm beginning to hate the word nice, as often as she says it."

"Awh," Dante said, faking disappointment. "Then how am I supposed to describe you?"

I gave him a bored stare. "Handsome. Rugged. Gorgeous. Tall, godlike, incredibly and massively talented in lacrosse. Need I go on?"