Chapter 16 - The First Touch

Start from the beginning

*THE MALL*

"Nia.. This is a lot of stuff!" Emerson said while she pay for my new clothes. I giggled. "This is like a yoga for me. So please... Pay up? Please pretty please..." I pout. She sighed. The sign of winning for Antonia. I laughed inside. "Alright. Just buy anything you want." She said and I smiled at her. "Nia... I know you love to shop.. But all of this stuff will not fit you." I laughed. "I'm going to give it to the orphans silly. Why? You don't like what I'm doing?" "Really?" I nodded. "You should say something from earlier."

Suddenly we both heard some ruckus and I noticed a couple of paparazzi outside the store. "Looks like there's no more privacy." Emerson said. "Nah. You will get used to it." I said and continued to shop.

"NIA!!! Smile to the camera." One of them says.

I ignored everyone except Emerson. I can see she's blending in. What do you expect from a Larove. "You okay Emerson?" She nodded. "I've been dealing with these type of vultures all my life. I'm invincible now." I chuckled.

"Nia is that your new toy?" One of them rudely asked.

I remember what my mama always say. What ever they say or do, never show you're affected by it. It's just how they work to get a my type of drama out of you.

"Hey lady!! Can we get a picture.." One of them said.

Emerson looked up and smiled at them. I looked at her. "Why would you smiled?" "My mom always taught me to smile at the media. Even we have the most terrible day of our life, we must smile. Our action represent our family. And every story written will affected everyone in our family." She even waved at them.

"EMERSON LAROVE!!!" One of them yelled.

More flashing of lights hitting us. Could they be more blinding than this. The thing that bugs me, they didn't Attack us like they usually did to me. They just stayed a couple of meters away from us. "Now this is weird. They didn't come closer to us when I'm alone like usual." Emerson chuckled. "It's what grandma Carmen did. It's a rule for them not to be close to us. Well any Larove family member. If they did, my family will sue them. This rule imply to every paparazzi all over the world." "Isn't that just convenient for you." Se laughed.

After we had everything we went to the mall food station. I let Emerson do all the ordering and I watched her from head to toe. "What?" She asked. "Nothing. It's just I feel blessed to be with you again." Emerson was about to say something when again we were hit by a mobbed of paparazzi. "These people never quit." "Ignore them. They will not stop even we yell at them." Emerson said and smiled lovingly. She caressed my cheek and I just loving the feeling I'm having right.

"You do realise this will be on the cover of whatever their magazine is from right?" I asked. "I don't mind. Do you?" "Not really." We both laughed and I pecked her on the lips. Again the blinding lights hit us. "I wonder how they know we're here." I said. "Am too curious about that." Minutes later our food came and I was baffled by the choices. "Wow! This is a lot." Emerson smiled. "Why? Oh shit. I forgot." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Forgot what?" I asked. "You're a model. You don't eat much." I laughed.

"Emerson. I'm human. I do eat like normal humans do." "But aren't you suppose to be like starving yourself?" I shake my head no. "Well I can eat anything I want. That's what exercise is so although I'm too lazy to do it." "So all this meat is fine?" "Yes sweetie it's fine." I smiled and blow her a kiss. I started to eat. Literally like a pig. I've been shopping all day I need all my energy back. I know right now she's watching me. But I don't don't mind. Her gaze is like a drug to me now. "I don't know you were that hungry." She chuckled. I swallow my food and smiled sheepishly at her.