"How do you know Rick?" I asked eagerly. The guy blinked and dropped his eyes to look at me curiously. To be honest, he looked about Rick's age. His dirty blonde hair was cut short and spiked lazily while his cheeks were scattered with a light layer of freckles. He looked like an average American guy, if he wasn't wearing black jeans with etched in anarachy symbols and a gray wife beater tanktop.

"I went to school with him." He answered flatly. My eyes widened. Could he know why Rick was so fucked up?

"Seriously? Uh, what do you know about him? Because he- Uhh, neglected to tell me anything when we first met and-"

"You're not dating him, are you?" The guy asked immediately and his eyes grew dark with obvious hatred. I blinked, then bleghed.

"No way. I hate him." I grumbled. The guy's eyes flickered with obvious relief, which sort of annoyed me.

"Good, because I do too." He said after a while. I stared at him and waited for him to continue, but the clerk came back and handed me some sheets with a few glittery picks wrapped in bubble wrap. I thanked him and paid before looking at the guy.

"Who are you?" I asked. The guy flashed me a wickedly scary smile that actually, by far, scared the hell out of me more than Rick's did.

"Alexander Tate. Tell Ricky I said hi and I'm back in town." He said with a wink, then departed, but left me feeling cold. Who the hell was that and why did he hate Rick? Sure, there were plenty of reasons and a lot of people strongly disliked Rick, but I had never seen so much hate in someone's eyes before. It was scary.

I headed out to the car and got in, starting up and heading straight to Rick's. I had to find out what was going on, once and for all. The curiosity of it all was driivng me freaking insane. At the first red light, I texted Rick that I was on my way and on my way I definitely was. I think I broke several driving laws before I finally whipped into Rick's driveway, heading up to his house and knocking.

Almost right away, Rick opened the door and stared at me, perplexed.

"You act like you saw a ghost."

"I think I did. Can we talk? Like, upstairs?"

"I guess," Rick stepped aside and let me in, then eyed the bag curiously, "What's that for?" I blinked, then felt my face flush as I shoved it at his chest, taking a couple awkward steps away.

"Uh, well, you said you were writing a song last night, ya know? So, I sorta just stopped and grabbed you some stuff you might need." I explained, trying my best not to pout because without a doubt, he'd smirk. Damn it all to hell, he was smirking at me anyway.

"You don't have to buy me anything." He said as we headed up the stairs and I shrugged, hurrying a little faster than him because I was anxious. He seemed to notice and his smirk was melting into a frown as I walked into the room, waiting for him to come in before I shut the door. He dropped the bag on his bed and turned to face me with a cocked brow, his arms folded over his chest.

"Are you that eager to get laid? I still have like a week and a half left to-"

"Who's Alexander Tate?" I demanded. Rick's face immediately drained of color and his arms dropped to his sides. I blinked in surprise as I watched him take a big step away from me, even though there was at least half the room between us. I had never seen Rick look like this before.

He looked... terrified.

"What did you say?" He managed.

"Alexander Tate. Tall blonde guy, hazel eyes, dresses like a no-bullshit sorta guy. When I went to the store to get your stuff, he was there and when I mentioned your name, he told me to tell you that he's back in town? Rick, who the hell is-"