Chapter 7 - The Hedgerows

Start from the beginning

The umbrella itself is outfitted with camo netting, coloring pattern, with leaves and sticks to basic make Baron nearly invisible to the naked eye.

His first target was the young looking lad standing on top of Baron's anti-infantry mine. By killing him, the explosive force will leap outwards, killing everyone within the blast radius hopefully, and if not. Then Baron's elite training and skills to dispatch the enemy will be put into use.

Slowly breathing in and out, Baron lined his shot up and prepared to fire with the crosshairs resting on the center of the lad's head.

Slowly now, Baron inhaled before he gently exhaled, pulling the trigger.

The rifle crackled and kicked back in recoil as the bullet sailed straight and true from the barrel's opening before a mere second passed and the bullet hit its mark.

Slamming into the Private's head, the bullet's force caused the kids head to snap backwards with a violent jerk. Causing the body to fall backwards with the motion of the bullet.

The explosion was immediate and the mine did effectively take out three others that were a bit too close to him as well.

Without hesitating, Baron fired his rifle in rapid succession, each time he fired, he'd pulled the bolt up and backwards before slamming the bolt forward and down again.

Taking aim, he fired before quickly repeating the reloading process before firing again, and again. Each shot either critically wounding the scrambling squad, or resulting in a fatal wounding.

When the dust had settled, the cries of the dying and the wounded could be heard down range from Baron.

The squad was effectively eliminated precision, rapid fire by the hands of the elite sharpshooter.

Now, he'd lie in wait once more, mainly for the fatally wounded to pass on and, to see if anyone else is rushing to the sound of the recent gun fire. But when five minutes or so passed, Baron cautiously brought himself up into a kneeling posture before carefully walking towards the bodies.

Baron then knelt down next to each body and checked each of them for anything of value, like Intel, food, smokes, or the like. But much to Baron's disappointment, he hardly found what he was looking for and only found personal belongings, so he left those alone.

Now though, time is becoming short, and he's going to have to do one of the few things he hates doing, but it's needed to try and kill as many as possible.

From there, the sniper proceeded with boobytrapping the bodies with pressure mines and spare S-mines, that way when someone tries to move a body, the mines will trigger.

After his work was done, Baron moved off back into the dense vegetation, planting a mine here and there or for a twist. He'd set up trip wires with his remaining three s-mines along the more easily traversed paths.
*
15h Panzergrenadier, first platoon, second squad (1-2),

Oberfeldwebel Kristin Roper

Similar tactics were being deployed to slow and kill as many of the American troops here as possible. With ambushes, mines, and light infantry tactics over all.

That's what Kristin's tasked with from the new Oberleutnant, simply as stated, harass, ambush, and seek and destroy.

So that's what Kristin has his squad's doing, they've set up a ambush point along a narrow road that branches off from the main road.

It's a shortcut of sorts, so it's a ideal traveling path to take for the advancing Americans. So from there, they'll wait for unsuspecting troops to come into their death trap.