Chatpurr 2- Like a Girl

Dammit dammit dammit, this chapter sucks...

"So... When are you gonna have your birthday party?" Alyn asked for the third time that hour.

"On my birthday," Marin replied dryly.

"Really?," Alyn said just as sarcastically, "I mean, like, what time?"

Adrien's ear pricked up at the mention of his friend's birthday, and he was reminded of that first crazy birthday party he'd had earlier that year. You couldn't have had a weirder party if you were on drugs. His best friend had turned evil and fashion-challenged, not that he wasn't already, all the adults had been kidnapped, Ladybug had come to save the day, and his dad had given him a present that wasn't a pen. All and all, it was a pretty good first birthday. Adrien hadn't known Marin too well then. Nino turned around.

"A party!? Sign me and Adrien here up! Where? What time? What should we bring?"

"Who said you could come?" Marin laughed, "Alright, but it's gonna be pretty small. My house can't handle a whole lot of people... It's tomorrow then. Adrien, wanna come?"

"Yeah! Whoo!" Adrien turned around and whooped. He was being invited to a birthday party that didn't consist of Chole chasing him around a private hotel room! Oh, the dark days. Marin laughed again, flushed with his success at asking Adrien a coherent question. Alyn, ever the sneaky matchmaker, piped up.

"Hey! Why don't we go ahead and make it a sleepover?" he said, shooting a Lenny face at Marin when Nino and Adrien looked at each other incredulously.

"A sleepover!?" Nino roared with mirth, slapping the table, "Man, that's so lame! That's what girls do! HAHAHAHAHAHA... Let's do it." Nino suddenly said, eyes alight with the thrill of doing something out of the ordinary, even if it was girly. Adrien just grinned, trying not to laugh at his friend.

"Well, my birthday's tomorrow... If it's a sleepover, should we start it at... say, 6:00?"

"Sure!" everyone agreed. Marin couldn't wait. He felt childish.

[Moar tim scipz brot bi I kant spel gud]

It was the big day. It was 6:00, and both Nino and Alyn had shown up. Now they were just waiting on Adrien. Marin's face was a sea of calm disrupted only by the occasional ripple, but underneath the surface he was a raging storm of turmoil. What if Adrien decided the whole thing was lame and never showed up? What if another photoshoot came up? What if his dad was being an buttface again and didn't let him go? The doorbell rang, and Marin sprang up to answer it. Adrien stood there with a flat, book shaped parcel in his hands.

"Happy birthday Marin!" he smiled at him, before peeking into the house and seeing the others were already there, "Uh, sorry, am I late?" Marin started from his relieved trance

"N-not at all, these other peeps were just early. Come on in!"

Calm calm calm, stay calm, stay cool Marin. He's just another human. Albeit gorgeous and perfect and extroverted despite being locked up for who knows how many years... Okay, he's amazing, but you gotta keep your cool-

"Marin?" Nino said, pretending to be stupid, "We go upstairs? Play vi-day-o game? Yes? Otay, we go now," laughing, he ran up the stairs.

"You okay, bro?" Alyn inquired his friend, a puzzled expression on his face, "You've been spacing out a lot. It's your birthday! Enjoy it!"

Adrien was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, unsure of whether or not he should go up without Marin's permission.

"Let's go up so I can kick all your butts at Street Fighter," Marin boasted, grinning. They heard Nino whistling.