Ch. 10 - He's Dead

Start from the beginning

I backed away slowly, my eyes remaining locked at the sight of him before I fled, making sure to quietly close his door and leaving to get that morning shower and breakfast started. All while pretending I didn’t hear what I heard from him… At least for now.

----

“Good morning.”

I turned around to see Justin in his boxers, scratching the back of his head as he gazed tiredly at me.

“Hi,” I choked out shyly, awed at the sight of him practically half naked in front of me. I felt my cheeks grow red so I quickly turned my back on him and transferred pancakes from the pan in the stove to a plate. “I made breakfast.”

“You didn’t have to,” I heard him say, his footsteps approaching me.

“I wanted to surprise you guys,” I mumbled, finishing the last batch. “You know, since I’ll be leaving in about 2 hours.”

“Do you really have to go?” he asked playfully, causing me to finally turn back around and look him in the eyes.

“I don’t want to but… I guess I have to,” I shrugged, feeling a gutted feeling in my heart. I haven’t personally known Justin long enough to read his emotions but… It really felt like I was born to. Looking into his eyes, all I saw was a boy who was tired, both physically and emotionally. He seemed… Depressed. As if he’s dealing through the hardest time in his life.

“Don’t go,” he whispered, his brown orbs losing its glow. “Don’t. Don’t. Please. Don’t go.”

My heart ached for him. I wanted to stay so badly, I really did. But, unfortunately, when I told my mom I was staying over at a friend’s named Justin, I never told her it was the Justin Bieber.

“His name’s Justin?” I remember her saying right after I asked her for permission to go away for 2 days. “Just like your idol!”

Yeah… Okay, mom.

Why I didn’t tell her it was the famous Justin Bieber? I don’t know. I guess I respect Justin and his life in the mix of fame enough to wait and make sure he’s okay with my parents knowing.

“You can come stay for a while,” I suggested. “No one’s going to be home today and tomorrow. We could do something, maybe even go out for lunch. No one will know you’re in San Diego.”

He thought about it for a while, his eyes piercing into mine as he pondered my idea.

“I—I guess…” he said softly, running a hand through his hair. “Maybe.”

I gave off a small smile. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

Justin chuckled before his lips formed up a smirk. “I’ll go get Fredo and you two should get started on breakfast. I’m going to go put some damn clothes on,” he winked.