Chapter 29 - It Was My Fault

Ema P.O.V

I'm so worried about Saki. It really wasn't her fault, I actually agree with her decision to leave. She needed space. I just hoped my brothers would understand that soon. Their petty arguments are giving me headaches, I was mentally deciding if I should follow Saki's footsteps and runaway for a bit.

"You guys just gave her a hard time."sighed Fuuto."I wouldn't blame her for leaving, I would love to runaway from you idiots any day."

"That wasn't the point!"snapped Tsubaki."She HIT our sister! Am I supposed to let that go, and pretend nothing happened?! Well, I can't forgive her that easily! She needs to control her fe-"

"Shut up Tsubaki-san!"I scream.

All attention was directed towards me. My brothers gaping at my outburst. I never yelled at them, much less I never yell at all. But this was just getting on my nerves. My fists were clenched, nearly in a painful manner. And I glared at Tsubaki, if looks could kill he would be dead by now. His eyes softened and he stepped back while I looked at each of my brothers, all of them standing up to try to comfort me. Although, I had enough of them.

"Ema-ch-"

"Be quiet Ukyo-san."I say, annoyance laced in my voice.

All the people in the room gasp, knowing that I was serious now.

"I am sick of how this family treats others... I am sick of it! Saki-chan is MY friend, you don't have the right to just slap a label onto her! The conflicts between the two of us is our problems, not yours! Did she hurt me? Yes, she hurt my physically. But I was hurting her with every word I spoke to her that day. I brought up her painful memories. I basically lied to her face! She doesn't deserve to feel the hate she's receiving now! With every word you all speak, I bet her heart is breaking."

'You need to grow a backbone, Chii-chan.'

"It was my fault okay! I pushed Saki-chan too much! Hitting me was the correct thing to do, I was being hysterical and stupid! I understand that you think its her fault, but she's tried so hard to help us! All of us. And when you say she needs to control her feelings? That's all she's ever done since I met her! She's hidden them, pushed them aside, or just plain ignored them for us! She ignored her feelings because she doesn't want anyone else to feel what she felt! When you talk about Saki-chan...just think about her life! Even for a second! She's was abandoned! She lost her brother! Her adoptive parents died in front of her! Her boyfriend tried to kill her friends! And yet...she still allows herself to love us! She's the best friend I ever had, and she still is! Saki-chan just needs time to herself. She isn't used to so many people caring about her. So leave her alone and enjoy this vacation for once! I can't stand it when you all shove your conflicts down other people's throats..."I said the last part as I walk to my room, slamming the door shut and looking over at the empty bed next to my own.

'I'll see you soon Saki-chan.'