Chapter 5 -Family Trip?

I was walking through the house with Chii-chan's present in my hand. I can't believe I forgot to give this too her. I knocked on her door and saw her open it up.

"Hi Saki-chan!"

"Oi. I'm your best friend, call me Saki. Anyway, here. I forgot to give it to you earlier so sorry."

I hand her the present and started walking away.

"See ya later."

"Arigato!"

"You're welcome. Oh. And Chii-chan..."

"Nani?..."

"I have a race today, so if the brothers notice I'm gone and freak out tell them I had an emergency with a friend."

"You shouldn't street race, you already have enough money...it's too dangerous. Why would you need to race?"Chii-chan asks.

"...Like you don't know."

I looked back to see Chii-chan look down with a sad look on her face. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she clenched her fists.

"Don't get hurt okay."

"I won't. Now see ya."

I looked ahead and walked back to my room and changed into my pjs. Well, -ish. I put on a magenta T-crop top and grey leggings. I rushed down stairs for dinner and sat in-between Chii-chan and Kaname-san.

"So how was everyone's day?"asks Ukyo as we all eat.

Kaname eyed me from the side. It wasn't in a pervy way as usual it was a more 'explain what happened' type of stare. I sighed and whispered a few important details and he nodded his head before turning back into the Kaname I know.

"That is very nice of you Saki-chan."he smirks.

My head nods and I back to eating. I made sure to leave out the parts of me being an orphan and only told him the blunt and short story of me bringing the boys off the streets.

"Hey why are you and Kaname keeping secrets?"whine Tsubaki

Again, I looked at Tsubaki with blank eyes. Tsubaki pouted but kept eating. Juli pearched onto my shoulder and I started listening to him. Come to think of it, why didn't I see him earlier.

"Where were you earlier Juli-san?"I ask.

Some of the brothers gasp and stiffen when my voice was heard. For many, this was the first time for them to actually hear it.

"Oh! I was just looking for a friend of mine. I made sure nothing happened to Chii while I was gone. These wolves are dangerous! Did anything happen to you Saki?"

'And Juli's back...'

"No don't worry. Nothing happened."

Everyone finished dinner and I decided to help Ukyo cleanup. Though my mind was elsewhere. The race...this most be the most dangerous race I've been recommended to go to. I couldn't just not go. I haven't declined a challenge in my whole career. But I didn't have a death wish either.

"Thank you for helping me Saki-chan."

"You're welcome Ukyo-kun."

I smiled and put a plate into the plastic rack. A blush dusted Ukyo's cheeks when I turned back around to face him.

"Is something wrong Ukyo-kun?"

"N-No. Don't worry. You should get some sleep. We're planning to go to a family vacation next week so start resting now."he stutters pushing his glasses up.

"Family vacation? Then I won't need to go right. After all I'm only Chi- I mean Ema-chan's friend."

"W-Well...Many of the brothers wished for you to come. So we could all bond and learn about each other a little more. You are living with us after all."

"I see...where will this trip be?"

"We will be going to the Bahamas for two weeks. Many of the brothers will be going, including a few that you have not met yet."

"Aw you're talking about me already?"

You two jump at the sound of a new voice coming from the doorway. A person with long hair and makeup with a strange yet classy style stood at the doorway with a smirk. I shuffle closer to Ukyo as he steps forward to the unknown person standing at the doorway.

"Why are you here Hikaru-nii..."sighs Ukyo.

"I came here to see our new guest. You must be Saki-chan."smiles Hikaru.

'Crossdresser?'

"This trip will be very interesting with you coming along for the ride...Saki-chan."he smirks.

I nod and head to my room. Hikaru-kun seems interesting. But I can't think about that now...I have a race to win.