28

@CarleeHall my best finally came through. Cause I own her. 😂😚

Orianna

"Ria, hurry yo' ass up." August impatiently waited on the other side of the bathroom door.

We've reached the Bahamas three hours ago. August called in a favor and rented a nice beach house. The scenery was so beautiful.

"August, can you wait?" I asked, applying eyeliner.

"No."

He's been so restless ever since we got on the plane. I walked out the bathroom, and he examined my outfit. A simple, white lace dress that came just above the knee. I tried to keep it subtle.

"Ya' so damn beautiful. I'a be callin' ya' my wife inna' minute." He grinned like a big kid. "Na', let's go so I can come back ta' blow ya' back out as yo' husband."

With that, he pulled me along with him out the door.

☆☆☆

"I, August, take you, Orianna, ta' be my lawfully wedded wife, ta' have and ta' hold, from dis' day forward, fa' betta', fa' worse, fa' richer, fa' poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." August repeated what the minister had said to him.

"Orianna." The minister gestured for me to say the same.

"I, Orianna, take you, August, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." I smiled, looking into his eyes.

It's so funny how much my life has changed. I never thought I would find someone to love me unconditionally. If I didn't meet August, then I would probably be dead.

August has saved me in many ways than he thinks. I'm only here because of him. We've had our problems, but it's only brought us together more. It's made us stronger every time. Nothing is going to keep us down.

"Do you have rings?" The minister asked.

August let go of my hand, and dug in his pocked, pulling out two silver wedding bands.

"August, repeat after me. With this ring, I marry you and bind my life to yours. It is a symbol of my eternal love, my everlasting friendship, and the promise of all my tomorrows."

"Wit' dis' ring, I marry you and bind my life ta' yours. It's a symbol of my eternal love, my everlastin' friendship, and tha' promise of all my tomorrows." August said as he slid the band on my finger.

I did the same thing, trying to keep my tears at bay.

"Orianna, do you cherish August as your lawful wedded husband, protecting him, and tending to his needs through illness and disappointment?"

"I do." I said without hesitation.

"August, do you cherish Orianna as your lawful wedded wife, protecting her, and tending to her needs through illness and disappointment?"

"I do." August quickly said like he's been waiting forever to say those two words.

"Well, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."