Chapter One

Chuuya met this new student from his school. He's mysterious, he always has bandages on his arms and neck. His forehead has one too. He couldn't decide if he could trust this teen.

He's insecure. He's insecure about everything about himself. So why bother to have friends who you just recently met? He might hurt you like how the bullies do. Who knows? people today are untrustworthy.

He sighed as he tried to clear off his mind about it. If he'll ever talk to him, He'll respond. after that, he'll just ignore at his actions and start collecting flowers on the backyard of the school or make a flower crown out of it, or maybe start putting them in the vases that he bought.

He walked a few blocks from the school, his eyes caught a flower shop. He looked on his watch, he got 39 minutes before the lesson will officially start. He went inside the wonderful flower shop. The shop was filled with various types of flowers that he was dying to buy. Of course, it's expensive and he could barely afford it.

People would likely joke about it. Why collet flowers if they'll be withered? isn't that a silly thing?

He does agree, it will die recently in a short amount of time.

But, it somehow makes him.. happy.

The only thing that would make him smile are those beautiful blooming flowers. nothing else.

An old lady was beaming at the young lad happily. He always visits her flower shop now and then and made him curious why does a boy like him like flowers so much.

"How was school lately, Chuuya," she asked as she watched him walked towards the counter.

"Miserable as always," he said, irritability as he scratches the back of his head. "Bullies kept on chasing me, it's nothing new. I hope I could just go home and sleep or plant some flowers or visit your flower shop. I hate school."

"Mhm," the lady nodded "But what about that bandage boy? is the new? I haven't seen him lately."

"Well, yeah. he's a new transferee. He's so odd though. He wears bandages around his arms and next. Is he even sick or injured? I hate it, he won't take it off."

"He seems nice. He visited this flower shop yesterday. He's a funny lad who carries around a book about suicide."

Suicide? Is he serious?

"It's not a bad thing, is it? I mean, maybe he's was going to bring it to a friend of his." Chuuya said nervously.

"He doesn't have any friends, Chuuya he just came here on Yokohama a week ago."

Same as me? I mean, Is he's a loner type?

A door of the shop swung open, Chuuya glanced to see Dazai's face, his eyes blinking.

"Just as I thought. you're here again.

did you know that in 10 minutes the class will start? We need to get there soon you know!" said Dazai as he grabbed Chuuya's wrist and went off.

The old lady just smiled.

"Teenagers these days"

---

Dazai and Chuuya climbed the stairs in a hurry. If they weren't there and the bell rang, they will be marked as tardy. Dazai doesn't want that, on his very second day of school here in Yokohama, he does not want to have a late slip. Chuuya was surprised, why did this boy care about him? He barely knows him!

The two arrived 1 minute early. The whole class was in their seats as the teacher behind Chuuya approached them. Dazai and Chuuya quickly made their way to their respective seats as the class started to flow on.