24:

"Really is a messy eater." Tyler frowned at the creature in front of him, "It's a good thing humans are expendable. If vampires have taught me anything, it's that."

"But I'm hungry." The blue haired vampire off to his side complained, "Your little pawn drained him before I was satisfied."

Tyler turned to Halsey, who was licking her fangs with a look of boredom on her face. When she saw Tyler looking at her, she smiled sweetly.

"Please can I go out, Tyler?" She adjusted her sitting position so that she was propped up on her knees, ready to stand. "I promise I won't bring unnecessary attention."

"All due time, my dear." Tyler replied, turning back to Patrick. He tapped Halsey's head as he addressed Patrick. "You're a proper nightmare, aren't you?"

Patrick growled in response, blinking his jet black eyes. It made Tyler smirk. He didn't know the full fate of the tall one he had abducted, but he was happy with his progress on this one.

"Your monster is fantastic..." Tyler laughed, "I'm surprised you were able to break away from it at all..."

"He's unpredictable." Halsey spoke up, softly. "Is it really safe to have him here?"

"Any animal can be trained." Tyler replied, simply. "He's just a bit more of a challenge."

"I am no animal!" Patrick snarled.

Tyler leaned down to stand inches away from Patrick's face. "What are you, then?"

Patrick didn't reply. He only bared his fangs and stared at Tyler with his black eyes.

"That's what I thought." Tyler hissed, standing upright. He turned to Halsey, motioning for her to rise to her feet as well. "If you can cage him, I'll let you out to feast." He said simply, grinning at her. "Good luck."

Halsey pouted, but nodded. She turned to the anomalistic creature in front of her, baring her fangs. Patrick snarled back, crouching in a defensive pose.

"Let the games begin." Tyler smirked to himself as he left the room, leaving the two creatures to battle.

---

"Remember, my fair lady." Brendon instructed Breezy, "That's the trigger for my spell that I'll leave you on the verge of. I have no idea what his youngling will do, but I'll be near enough to prevent any damage."

"Got it." Breezy nodded, biting her lip nervously.

Brendon frowned at her. "You really don't have to do this." He whispered.

"But I really do." Breezy disagreed, "Let me return the favor for saving part of my family."

Brendon smiled in thanks as Ryan rushed over, quickly wrapping himself around Brendon's leg. "Take care of the nice lady!" He exclaimed before squeezing Brendon's leg tightly.

"I can't do it without both my legs!" Brendon cried out as the human laughed at the exchange.

Pete was on the other corner of his room, sitting on his bed while examining his ripped hoodie. Everything about the gash in the fabric screamed animal, but Patrick wasn't that. He was just a man. A lost man looking for his way. He should of never been exposed to a life like this...

"Pete?"

Pete shifted his gaze to Dallon, who was standing nervously by Pete's bed. He held his arm as he looked at the older vampire.

"I'm sorry I didn't have more to help you guys find Patrick..." Dallon muttered, rubbing his arm.

Pete shook his head. "It's fine. You were kind of kidnapped too."

"But Patrick was so much more than some run away." Dallon said, looking down. "He deserved for me to have been able to save him before I got taken as well..."

"You tried." Pete assured the new vampire, "That's all I can ask for. Thank you for that, and I'm sorry for what happened to you."

Dallon's hand seemed to unconsciously jump to his abdomen at Pete's words. For a moment, his face held confusion, but it quickly passed. "I can hardly remember." He shrugged, "Is it supposed to be like that?"

Pete sat quietly, considering Dallon's question. It had been so long since Pete had turned... "I guess. It may be a question to ask Brendon."

"What may be a question to ask Brendon?" The eldest of the vampires asked, trudging over with Ryan still attached to his leg.

Dallon smiled at Brendon, reaching out his hands. "Nothing, Brendon." He replied, pulling the older creature close to him once he had taken Dallon's hands. "Just make me a promise that you'll be okay when you go to get him back."

Brendon smiled with a short nod. "I promise, Fake ID. You have my word, Dallon." He leaned forward to connect their lips, making Ryan let go of his leg with a soft 'gross' muttered from the small creature.

Pete turned away from the two, looking over at Breezy. She was standing nervously, rubbing her arm as she bit her lip. She was scared, and Pete couldn't blame her. They were about to enter a possible battlefield. Pete wasn't the most confident himself...

"You should put me under." Breezy spoke up once Brendon and Dallon had pulled apart, "We'll be going soon."

Dallon looked at Brendon worriedly as he turned to the human with a sad smile on his face. He walked over quickly, asking softly if she was still ready to do this. She nodded, causing Brendon to hold an arm around her.

"Alright, my fair lady..." He purred as he tilted her chin with his free fingers so their eyes would make contact. Her figure relaxed immediately, going limp against Brendon's hold. However, he maintained eye contact, whispering soft instructions to her.

"If I had been stronger, none of this would be happening..." Dallon muttered as he watched Brendon instruct the human, "I should of been stronger..."

"You were a human against a mythical beast." Pete said as he slid off his bed, "Humans aren't exactly known for besting the beasts without other supernatural help, and you had none." Pete tapped Dallon's arm in reassurance. "Don't beat yourself up. I am a supernatural being, and I couldn't even fully stop Patrick on my own."

"I hope you can." Dallon shot Pete a weak smile, earning a nod from the elder creature.

"I hope so too." Pete agreed.

"Are we ready to go?" Brendon asked, making the two turn in his direction. Breezy was draped effortlessly over his shoulder as he stood by the doorway.

Pete nodded as he walked over. Dallon stayed where he stood, watching them with worry. Brendon could only give him a weak smile.

"Ryro is in charge." He said.

Dallon's expression now became confusion. "Why? I'm older!"

Brendon shook his head with a soft 'tisk' sound. "Not in vampire time, fake ID. You're still so young, you need to be watched."

Ryan suddenly jumped onto Dallon's shoulders, holding his arms around Dallon's neck. "I'm in charge! Beebo said! Now, we must find my crayons and color! Will you color with me, Dallon? Pretty please?"

"He'll take your mind off us." Brendon smiled before walking down the tunnels. Pete gave a small wave before following. He had a nervous feeling in his gut about Patrick. All he knew was that he had to save him from his monster, but he didn't know how...