13:

Ryan could hear Dallon's voice. He could feel Dallon's touch, but he couldn't see anything. Ryan reached up, grasping at emptiness as he felt Dallon's hand pet his head soothingly.

When his hands actually held onto something, Ryan refused to let go. It felt like the human he spoke to in the tunnels. He hoped it was the human he spoke to in the tunnels. It was something compared to the nothingness around him.

"Don't let them take me... Don't let them take me!" Ryan cried, holding onto Dallon tightly. He was so afraid. He didn't understand what was happening.

He could faintly hear Dallon's tone of speech, but it was drowned out by the cackling around him. He shut his eyes tightly with a soft wimper.

He knew Brendon would save him, but he wasn't sure how much longer he would last.

---

Brendon sniffed the air, closing his eyes to fully focus on the scent. The family was still here, it was just locating them. The bare air held so many scents, Brendon just had to go through all of them in his mind.

Pete stood off to the side in a slight worry. He couldn't help but feel horrible, still, about what happened to Patrick. The human had trusted him, and he neary drained him.

Pete hated to admit it, but he was growing accustomed to the human. He was getting used to his scent, his voice, his presence in general. It wasn't like anything he knew previously, which made it hurt more.

"Here." Brendon's eyes snapped open, suddenly, revealing a yellow iris. "I have the scent. She's here." He sniffed the air again, turning his back to Pete. He began walking forward, following his scent, and Pete followed.

"What's with the creepy eye thing?" Pete asked in a hushed tone as they snuck through the streets. "I don't remember ever seeing those before."

Brendon's eyes shined like small beacons in the night. They scanned back and forth quickly before he answered. "You must not pay very good attention, Pete." He grinned with a slight growl building in his chest, "The monster has yellow eyes. Sometimes it's necessary for him to come out to play."

Pete looked at Brendon with a slight concern. He didn't understand how Brendon could control the beast so easily as to let it 'come out to play'. It felt dangerous, and Brendon didn't usually play with dangerous things.

Even through they had never much seen eye to eye, he liked the Brendon he knew.

Brendon continued to lead them until he reached a small, rundown house that barely had a front door protecting it. Brendon sniffed the air one last time before he shut his eyes. He a full body shiver ran through him before he shook his head vigorously. When he reopened his eyes, they were once again his earthy browns. He his eyelids hung lowly, as if he was fighting consciousness.

"That takes a lot..." He mumbled, stumbling slightly. Pete hurried over to catch Brendon before he fell. Brendon nodded appreciatively before pointing at the door. "She's here."

Pete nodded, draping one of Brendon's arms over his shoulders before walking forward. Once they were up to the house, he tapped the door lightly.

Movement could be heard on the other side before the door was pulled open, slightly. Dark brown eyes peaked out at Pete and Brendon.

"Hello?" A soft, feminine voice called out.

Brendon let out a light laugh, "You sound just like your grandmother..."

The door opened a bit more, revealing a girl with dark, pulled back hair. "How do you know her?" She asked, standing in a defensive position.

"Remember a Brendon Urie?" Brendon asked weakly.