3:

A/N~ this was originally supposed to be two separate chapters, but Patrick's part was really short so I decided to combine two chapters? I hope it's good, it's nearly 2000 words so

~Skittles Out~

Patrick looked at the bar looming in front of him. The last time he had stepped foot in one, it had only ended in trouble. He thought he'd never go back. He had a reason to stay sober.

How plans change.

Patrick walked into the bar, all too familiar with the dark atmosphere and dingy clientele. He avoided the main scene and went straight to the bar. He jumped slightly to sit on one of the worn red stools and leaned against the smooth counter.

A bartender walked over, eyeing others in the bar before turning attention to Patrick. "You seem like you've had a rough time. Came to the right place."

"Rough is far from the word I'd use..." Patrick mumbled, looking down at the counter he was leaned slightly against. The sounds of the bar were quieting behind him. It sounded like the party was going elsewhere. "What kind of medicine do you have?"

"Allow me to give you one on the house." The bartender shrugged, tapping the bar counter before going to pour a drink.

"Thanks..." Patrick sighed, rubbing his eyes with his palms. How could things of fallen apart so easily? He was engaged. He had a good job. Everything was supposed to be falling into place.

"Here you go, buddy." The clink of a glass on the counter made Patrick pull his hands away from where they covered his vision. He thanked the bartender quietly before simply staring at the glass.

He had been sober for almost two years. He gave the warming elixir up after winding up in a drunk tank one night too many and having Elisa threatening to leave him. He had poured out his personal stash the very next day. His life improved almost immediately, leaving him with a seemingly better future ahead.

Yet, here he was, about to give that all up.

What did he have to loose anymore? Not only was he fired from his job, but he had just lost his fiancee... What did he really have to stay sober for?

He reached out and grabbed the drink, quickly bringing it to his lips and tilting his head back. He closed his eyes as the liquid flowed smoothly down his throat. He welcomed the warming feeling that came with the drink, letting out a soft sigh when he pulled the glass away.

Almost two years down the drain.

It tasted different than he remembered, but Patrick didn't focus on that. He just wanted the feeling that came with it.

"Looks like it's been awhile." The bartender commented, wiping the inside of a glass with a rag slowly.

Patrick nodded, slowly placing the small glass on the counter. "It really has..." He sighed, leaning his arm on the counter and holding his head up with it.

"Feel like talking about it?" The man behind the counter asked, "I'm all ears."

"No..." Patrick shook his head, beginning to feel a slight headache coming on. "I'd rather just let this whole evening vanish..."

Patrick shook his head slightly as the memory reformed in his head. The phonecall just hours ago about Elisa's accident. The meeting the day before that ended in termination. How everything seemed to crumble at once...

"That shouldn't be a problem." The bartender smirked slightly, walking past Patrick.

Patrick didn't think much of it. He was more focused on his headache. He scrunched his eyes tightly, trying to focus on something else... Anything else... But all he had to think about was pain.