15:

Breezy followed the two vampires through the dark. She had her grandmother's book, as well as several ingredients in a bag she carried on her back. She was quiet as Brendon hurried up to the locked sewer gate with a curious look.

"Pete..." He called out, "Was the lock this scratched when we left?" He asked holding it out the lock as he pulled out the key.

Pete walked over to the lock. It had deep gashes running along it. There were even teeth like holes dug into it.

"Something was trying to get in." Pete whispered.

"Or out." Breezy pipped up from the back.

Brendon was quick to get the lock open and rush inside. Pete and Breezy followed, barely able to keep him in their sights after shutting the gate. Their footsteps echoed down the walls of the tunnel as they got closer to the room.

When Breezy and Pete made it, Brendon was rushing out.

"Dallon and Patrick are gone." He spoke with a low growl, "Something inhuman was here."

"Is Ryan alright?" Breezy asked quietly.

Brendon nodded, pointing down at the small, fidgeting youngling. She hurried over to him as Pete looked around the room. The bloodbag Patrick had been using was still there, but the human was gone.

Pete sniffed the air, hoping for any kind of clue, but he could only make out human scents. He turned to look back over at Brendon, but the older creature was preoccupied with what was happening with Ryan.

Breezy was sitting just next to him, holding onto one of his hands. "Hello, Ryan." She smiled with her soft words, "Can you hear me?"

Ryan whimpered, but his head turned in her direction.

"You're still in there, Ryan." She whispered, "Keep it up."

"I just want Beebo..." He muttered, his head shaking from side to side slightly.

With those words, Brendon rushed over to the younglings other side. He took Ryan's tiny hand, allowing Breezy to let go and slip off her bag.

"I'm here, Ryro." Brendon said, using his other hand to push some hair off Ryan's sweaty forehead. "It's okay."

"Don't let them hurt me!.." He cried, shaking as he spoke, with tears escaping his closed eyes.

Breezy had been digging around in her bag as Brendon soothed the youngling. She turned back to him and leaned close to his ear to speak lowly.

"Ryan, hun, what do you see?" She asked.

Ryan shook his head back and forth, letting out soft sobs. Breezy shushed him as she pushed herself down to his level.

"I need you to speak to me so I know how to help." She whispered.

Brendon looked at her with full confidence. He had trust in her family, and in turn, her. She wouldn't harm someone her family tried so hard to save. He had faith that Ryan would be safe in her hands, but there was a new question festering in his mind.

Where were the humans?

Pete was rushing back into the room as Brendon looked up at the doorway. He had a concerned look as he shook his head.

"I can't find them." He said, shaking his head.

"Where could they have gone?" Brendon questioned, beginning to sniff at the air again. The only scent he could distinguish was human. It didn't make sense, however, that the humans would simply leave. They didn't have access to the lock, and Dallon had made it very clear to Brendon that he wanted to stay.