7:

"You're so much happier!" Ryan giggled, wiping Patrick's face with a damp rag. "I can see it in your eyes. Pete took care of you, didn't he?"

Patrick just smiled at the small, eager vampire as he washed off Patrick's chained arm.

"Can't we be let out?" Patrick asked, "I promise I won't leave, it's just uncomfortable."

Ryan shook his head. "I don't have the key. I'd still have to asked Beebo's permission too. I don't want him to take away my crayons."

He stood from where he sat on Patrick's lap and hurried over to Dallon, wiping away dirt from his face. Dallon shut his eyes with an unwilled smile on his face as Ryan giggled.

"Dallon, you're funny!" Ryan laughed.

"Try my best." Dallon shrugged as Ryan continued to clean his face.

Ryan giggled, sliding off Dallon's lap and sitting between the two humans. He yawned rubbing his eye. "I'm tired... It must be late..." He leaned against Dallon's arm and cuddled close.

"You still need sleep?" Dallon asked, looking down at the youngling that was closing his eyes.

Ryan hummed quietly. "I'm still lil..." Ryan trailed off, sleep already evident in his tone.

Patrick tilted his head at the small creature. "Where are the others?" He asked.

Ryan shrugged lazily. "I dunno... I get left home alone a lot..."

Dallon smiled down at Ryan as he began to snore lightly. The little vampire was interesting. He was just like a little kid, minus the part where he needed Dallon's blood.

Dallon didn't mind, though. He was just a runaway. He left home when he was seventeen because he wanted more than his sheltered lifestyle. He left and tried so many things from sodas to adult rated magazines.

He had a very sheltered home life.

The bar must of been fate, because Dallon had tried alcohol before and didn't really care for it. But, seeing as nearly two years had passed since he last tried, he felt the urge to try again. He was given one on the house, then woke up with a dark haired, long fanged thing in his face.

Yes, it was scary at first, especially when he could bend Dallon's will to his own needs, but then it was... Fine? Dallon wasn't afraid. The creature started to try and get to know him, something no one had done in his years of being a runaway. Brendon even seemed genuinely interested in Dallon.

Then little Ryan was allowed to venture into the room. He liked drawing and he was especially fond of his crayons. He loved to speak of whatever came to mind at any given moment. Even when he fed, he would apologize to Dallon, quickly, before continuing his quiet ramblings. Dallon found him quite entertaining.

"Do you think they'll ever let us go?.." Patrick asked with an uncertain tone. He wanted an answer, but he wasn't sure what answer he wanted...

Dallon shrugged. "Dunno... Would it really be a bad thing to stay?" He asked lowly, "I mean... I don't have anywhere to go."

"I don't have anyone to go home to..." Patrick thought out loud. He wasn't sad. His sadness was gone after whatever Pete had done... Now, it was just memories that Patrick could look back on without much emotion... He could still feel the warm, bubbly feeling she often gave him, but not the sadness... Or rare anger... That was gone.

"I actually feel useful here." Dallon said, looking off at the wall. "Even if I am just a meal... It's more than I was out there..."

"You're nah jus a meal..." Ryan sighed, rolling onto his back, still leaning against Dallon. "Beebo was lonely too... Is not jus feeding..."