Chapter 7

PLEASE ENJOY!

~~~~

“Why don’t you go fuck yourself? Emo retard!” Hunter sneered in my face. I was at my locker when my two besties, Hunter and Troy, had cornered me while I was retrieving my books. I had just managed to put my bag away and shut the locker when Troy had slammed me against the metal lockers. I had dropped my possessions at once, but the sound of them clattering to the ground met no one’s ears but my won, and the two shit faces before me.

“Fucking gay shit!”

Punch.

“Attention whore!”

Kick in the shins.

“Bastard!”

Punch.

The impact caused me to double over slightly, but I regained my composure. For a moment I found myself cursing life. Why me? Why was it me that had to go through this? Why wouldn’t they justleve me the fuck alone?

“Why won’t you say anything?” Troy demanded, his fist smashing into my gut. I winced but otherwise didn’t react.

“Say something faggot!” Hunter yelled into my face, grabbing the neckline of my hoodie and using it to slam me into the lockers. My head impacted with the hard metal with a resonating thud. I let out a tiny hiss of pain.

“Speak!” Hunter screamed into my face. I winced and shrunk back, fighting to hold certain memories back. A few hits later and I found myself saved by ‘the bell’. Literally.

The bell went, signalling the first class had begun. Hunter punched me in the stomach as a farewell gift before stalking off. Troy followed him, sneering at me.

“Watch your back, emo freak!” He called out to me.

I sighed and bent over, picking up my pencil case. It was going to be a long day. Thankfully it was Friday though, so I would be able to avoid anyone for a whole forty eight hours. At least. I would just stay out of the trailer for most of the weekend and I would be set.  

This made my thoughts wonder towards Cass, but I shut down that part of me thinking about it.

I walked off to my next class, knowing I would be late and not caring. Why rush now when I’d be late already?

I headed to the classroom and sat down in the back seat. The teacher spoke a few words at the front but my music drowned it out. I placed my head in my hands and stared out the window. The class dragged on until finally the bell rang.

My stomach grumbled loudly and I winced. A few heads turned my way but after I fixed the juniors with a steely glare they quickly returned to their own business. I hated people who couldn’t keep their own fucking noses out of other people’s business! Now I was just pissed off. And to make things so much better, I was reacquainted with my ‘bestie’ Note the sarcasm.

Because I wasn’t concentrating on where I was going, I crashed into someone.

“Get off me you emo freak! Why don’t you like kill yourself already? No one would like care?” The blonde girl sneered at me, her voice rising as if she was asking me a question towards the end of the sentence. A few girls snickered, flicking their shiny hair over their shoulders. I didn’t even muster up the energy required to roll my eyes. That was so pathetic. She was so self-doubting and insecure she had to gain confidence by wearing slutty clothes and acting like a complete bitch to someone she didn’t even know.

 I looked at her, my face impossibly impassive. I brushed past the cheap slut, ignoring the insults she was screeching my way. I pretended I couldn’t care less that people I barely even knew told me I should go and die on a nearly daily basis.