Chapter 5

Hi if you are reading this, make yourself known please! just a single vote, following or comment. I enjoy writing but I feel very discouraged when I have NO feedback...

NOT EDITED, SOZ

Dear Dannie,

I know I haven’t written to you for a while, but I guess it’s hard. Writing to you makes me remember when all I want to do is forget. But I owe it to you, so I will.

Not much has changed in my life expect for one thing. I think I might have a friend. Well, an acquaintance at least. Her name is Willow and she seems to understand that I don’t like talking and doesn’t press it. In fact, I don’t think I have spoken a word to her yet.

Either way, I think I like her. She’s a good person.

I don’t really have much to say now, but I will write again. I promise. Take care, Dan.

Love,

Alex.  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The cool air whipped across my face, and I stared up at the sky, hands in my hoodie pocket. The effects of the pill had started to wash over me, and I felt all my hate alleviate. My muscles relaxed, and I couldn’t stop the grin that kept wanting to spread over my face for no reason.

My feet had wandered all over town, and I didn’t even feel tired. I’m pretty sure I crashed into a wall a few times, but I’m pretty sure it was the wall that attacked me. I glared at the wall and muttered ‘I’m watching you, so don’t get any idea’s!’ At that moment a man wondered past me, his face in a frown. He backed away from me slowly.

Ignoring him, I decided to waltz aimlessly around town for a while longer. I smiled contentedly to myself, liking my decision. Yes, I would wander for a while longer. A while. What a weird word.

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

I began to chant words that rhymed with while.

“Miiiiiiiile, Kyyyyyyyyyyyle, biiiiiiiiiiile, diaaaal, fiiiiiiiiiiile, DEFILE!” I gasped out loud, and covered my mouth, glancing around. I peered through the dark in attempt to see if anyone had heard me say such a dirty word. Thankfully no one chastised me. Then it hit me. If you said it right it almost sounded like paedophile!

I laughed out loud, doubling over, holding my stomach. Oh man, that was funny. I grinned, my laughter dying out. I wish I could fly. Wow, if I could fly would that make me a bird? I cracked up again as the thought of me as a bird was entertained in my slightly disturbed my mind. Perhaps I should try to fly. Yeah- I should try to fly. In fact, I should go buy a kite. Maybe I could tie myself to it, and it would take me away!

I laughed again, I was too funny. My throat felt dry, and my stomach empty. Uh oh. Naughty Alexander! If Mommy was sober she would yell at me for not eating! The grin wiped off my face as my thoughts swerved towards my rarely sober Mother.

NO, no, no and no! Flying, I was going to learn to fly. Yeah, and then I’d fly to Atlantis. No, wait!- I had to fly underwater to get to Atlantis. I was so smart I should be a doctor! Yeah, I would be a good doctor. I would prescribe chocolate cake! Yum, chocolate cake was goooood.

My feet stumbled forwards, but I was pretty sure I was walking to the moon because the sky slanted and I knew I walking towards it. Then I would know if it really was made of cheese! Yeah!