Falling for a Dark God -- Chapter Five

Off we go!!!!! Hope you've enjoyed the story so far, and don't forget COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK ALWAYS WELCOME <3 One other thing though -- Yes the characters smoke, sorry if it upsets or angers anyone should they have lost someone to it. It is a story though and even in a story nobody's perfect ;) ENJOY!!!!

Lily's P.O.V.>>>>>>

In a short hour we'd gotten a ride from Austin's sister's back to my place and now we were waiting on my friend Molly to come get us. Molly was going to fill out a job application at a Trader Joe's and wanted some company for the drive.

Deciding to go with Austin being dressed in a suit, I decided to do the same and wore a dress. This time I wore a light, brightly patterned strapless dress that had many different blues, greens, and reds.

Getting a text from Molly saying she was outside, I linked arms with Austin and dragged him outside. We get into the car and off to the store we went.

It was pretty uneventful, with the only good thing that happened was when she left us outside while she was inside talking to the managers.

Austin and I hadn't really said much to each other since the moment on the porch, so I was going to use this time to see what my feelings might mean. Which meant having to let him in just so I could get a feel for his intentions.

Molly went inside and Austin and I decided to smoke a cigarette while we waited. Getting out of the car we lean against it and I turn towards him and say, "Alright I have to know. If you and I were to.... date, what exactly do you think would happen? Cause I'm tired of falling for a guy and getting hurt, so if you think for a second we can't be friends afterwards if something does happen, then I don't want it to - ever. I value friends more then finding someone to love, and I'll always put that first if things don't fall to pieces." Then just look at him waiting for his answer, cause what he said next might determine how the next two weeks go.

Austin took a deep breath and looked me deep into my eyes saying, "I like you Lily. You know that, and you've seen how I treat my girlfriends before with how I treated Anna. I'll always be honest, treat the lady in my life like she's my queen as long as she treats me like her king, and you never have to worry about me leaving you for someone else. I'll dump a girl before I cheat on her. I don't know why this is happening now but I'm not going to fight it if you don't. I'd like to see where this goes, and I promise you now if something does happen between us I won't let it change our friendship as long as you don't either." and then he grabbed my hand and squeezed.

Taking the cigarette from him, I hit it and let my mind wander of the words he'd just said. I knew I could keep that promise of friendship with him, I'd done it before even if it always takes a little time alone to allow the feelings to go back to normal.

I knew I was the same when it came to cheating and I loved showering the guys I dated with attention when I could. As much as I hated it, I knew my heart was starting to win in just twenty four hours.

Austin was starting to warm my icy heart, and it was actually nice. I hadn't let in a guy in two years, just to protect the frail heart I had that couldn't take no more pain back then.

Maybe I'm ready to take a risk again, I think suddenly, just so long as I remember that as much as I may end up falling for him nothing's perfect. This could not last, but maybe falling for him wouldn't be all bad and I won't know til I do.

Done with all my meandering thoughts, I hand him back the cigarette and decide to act on my feelings at that exact moment. So avoiding the cigarette in his hand, I take the other and pull him close.

Looking deep into his eyes I kiss him softly then pull away and say, "I don't think this is the best idea I've ever had but, it's just two weeks. What if you and I were to be temporarily together while you were here. If we work well together, maybe we could do long distance til your done helping your mom and then come back down here and see where this goes." and hope he understands that what I'm suggesting isn't permanent or a real relationship.

And that was really all there was to say to him. After that we just hung out kind of silent until Molly came out. Then we headed back to the house and the day was pretty boring after that. Austin and I simply hung out around the house watching movies and catching up on the past three years.

That day I learned he had a one-year-old son with an ex of his who refused to give him any rights to his child, had an almost ex-wife - who wasn't his son's mom, had gotten in a decent amount of trouble with the cops at 18 but had taken care of most of it and that he's got a lot he's not telling me but if I'm patient he'll tell me when the time is right.

We wound up spending the next week at my house doing the same thing, getting to know each other all over again. It was some of the best days of my life. Then time caught up with us and he had to get ready to leave. The only problem was that I was starting to wish he wasn't leaving me behind.

Okay! This story is going a lot slower then what I pictured in my head so I'm going to try and speed it up a little for you all BUT, in return for doing that. . . there's going to be a little less of them figuring out their feelings since I'm going to go faster so you can all get to the good parts ;) Oh yeah their that good XD