Falling for a Dark God -- Chapter two

Hey everyone! ChokieoftheThorns here with Ausin still locked up til the end of today's chapter. :) Today's chapter will be mostly a flash back to give you some insight to who Lily is and just why she's so fearful of even thinking to fall for someone again. Now you meet James....... :)

James....... *FLASHBACK 2 Yrs.*

Dabbing on the last little bit of eyeliner, I grabbed my purse and headed out the door to meet with James on the front porch. James, he's so amazing, I think to myself as I look at my boyfriend. We're always going for walks together, picnics in the park, local music shows, a girl couldn't ask for a sweeter boyfriend.

Grabbing his hand, I ask him "So what we doing today?" He smiles a little sadly at me and says, "Andrew and a couple other people are at my house and wanna hang out. So we're going to chill with them."

Feeling a little happy but sad inside cause he always wanted to hang out with them more lately, I just smiled at him without saying anything. Walking quietly for a few minutes neither of you said anything.

This feels akward today, I think a little upset. Watching our feet as we walk I begin to wonder if we're even going to talk at all. We didn't. Getting to his house, I smile as I see his dog Chance waiting for us at the gate.

I love James' dog, he reminded me of Air Bud but bigger. As usual I gave Chance a big hug and a quick scratch behind the ears before going inside James' house. Glancing around I can see he was definitely telling the truth about having Andrew and others over. Andrew's girlfriend was also there, her little brother, and three other guys that were James' friends.

Saying hi to everyone the only person in the room who actually seemed happy to see you was Andrew's girlfriend Erica. Sitting down on the couch, I look down on the coffee table and groan. Great, I think inwardly. It's going to be another day like in the garage.

Thinking back to that day, I space out for a few minutes. Andrew, Chris, Markus, Davis, Emma and James were all in James' garage and they had drugs out the ass it seemed. There was coke, ecstacy, acid and they had apparently been smoking weed all day but that was normal.

Sitting away from them, I watched as they did all of it. The 22 ecstacy pills got crushed and snorted, 2 -5 hits of acid for all of them, and after they all finished up the eight ball of coke just played the game Magic and waited to trip out.

Every time they got together and did this kind of stuff the same thing happened. First they'd all be chill, then once the drugs kicked in so did their stupidity. They screamed about wanting more, ran around talking about what they were seeing, and acted like they were five basically.

The thing that just over did it and made me not like them though was the moment they tried to get me to go to the liqour store and buy some handles of tequila. That night I decided to walk home at 2am instead of be around idiots that had been arrested plenty of times for this bull.

Later I heard that most them had spent the night and Chris thinks to this day that Andrew and James raped him after Davis and Emma left. And to think these are the people my boyfriend calls his best friends. Snapping out of my thoughts, I see that Andrew and all them are getting ready to get high.

So I get up, kiss James on the cheek and tell him I'm gonna go watch t.v. in his room. Forty minutes pass and James comes into his room and asks me, "Why are you hiding out in here?"

Looking at him like he's a dummy, I tell him "You know I don' t like being around that kind of stuff. So I figured I would just hide out in here til you came and got me. How much did you end up doing, or is that talk we had still got you off it?" with a hint of a smile at the end.

Sitting next to you and sighing, James lays down and looks into your dark brown eyes. "Lily, you know I haven't done coke or anything like it since you yelled at me outside the garage. Don't worry about me okay?" He says as he wraps his arms around me.

Snuggling against his chest I breathe deeply. I love his smell, he always smells like right after a winter rain with a hint of what I can only discribe as slightly sweet.

"You're right, I don't have to worry about you. Cause we love each other." I say and pull back so I can give him a kiss on the lips. Turning his head, he makes me kiss him on the cheek.

Confused, I ask him "What's wrong babe?" Looking sad, he glances at me and says "I don't love you anymore. I haven't for a while now and I've just been trying to find a way to tell you."

Tearing up, I push him away from me a little. "What do you mean you don't love me anymore? I know I'm a little crazy when it comes to your friends drug usage but I told you why it makes me so uncomfortable. So what happened?"I say trying to keep my voice from cracking.

Sitting up, James turns away and says "I've been feeling this way for almost two weeks now. I just don't love you anymore. We can still be friends though, I just don't want to date you."

Getting up, he finally turns and looks at you again but with pity in his eyes this time. Feeling let down and pissed, I look at him like he's dead to me.

Getting off his bed, I walk up to him and say "What happened at the party you bailed on me for? That was two weeks ago and I heard a bunch of girls were walking around naked that night. Did you cheat on me or something, is that when you decided to not love me?"

Rubbing the back of his neck, James looks down at me saying "No, but that night is when I realized I don't want to be with you anymore. Also, maybe you should leave now. Andrew and the guys don't really like you, they were only okay with you being around cause we were dating."

Going stone-faced from his cold directness of it all, I decide that he's not worth crying in front of. So I grab up all my stuff from his room and walk out to where everyone else is.

Glancing around the room, I hardly take anything in. James walks up beside me and says "Everyone I'm gonna walk Lily out she's leaving." Turning away from him, I see nobody seems surprised.

That's when Andrew says, "Finally broke up with her I see. Bout time." and I lose it. Slapping Andrew across the face I hardly look at James as I storm out and say, "Hope you really enjoy these people. Their all you have now. A bunch of druggies who make fun of you, steal your shit, bag on you every chance they get and you love them. How pathetic."

Giving his dog Chance one last hug since I'll probably never see him again, I don't look back. As I walk home dry-eyed and upset, I decide that James was the last straw.

No more guys who lie, steal, can't keep a promise, have no life outside their friends, and No. More. Tears. I will not date a guy again unless he can prove he's different, and even then..... I probably won't trust him.

*End Flashback*

Looking back at Austin, I hope nothing happens between us. He's a really great friend, has a great smile that just warms me up inside, sexy green eyes, was fun to just flirt with, makes me laugh really easily, and all a total red flag in the love department. Here was a guy my hard heart would have a difficult time keeping out and not falling for.

*Locks Austin back up in basement* Now, back to Austin's sexiness and Lily's next ordeal to put up with as she trys not to fall for her fine as hell friend. Tune in later this week for another chapter to Falling! Oh and to all you who love a good high school romance you should go read xXWhoAteMyCookieXx's story Papa Don't Preach!! I swear even tho it's not I feel like it's based on our lil group of friends and my lil baby's creation XD Love ya sissy!!!!